CH 1 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe

Prologue

Idol.

Whenever you see idol singers appearing on various media platforms or promoting K-POP worldwide, you must have thought of this at least once, "How did they succeed?"

Experts say that visuals (appearance), singing ability, dance, and entertainment are the key points to being successful.  Of course, that isn't an accurate analysis since there are no rules stating that skills are related to popularity.  However, it is true that the more talented you are, there's a higher chance of success.

Why am I talking like this?

Well that's because it looks like I have a talent.  A very special talent that others don't have.

Chapter one, I have a strange ability.

I had a headache.  I was called up by the company and was dropped a bombshell hearing the director tell the story.  I asked again as my voice withered away, "Excuse me?"

"It's exactly as you heard."

I was in a daze with my mouth gaping open as the director had an awkward expression on while changing his glasses.

"And so. . . you want me to leave the company?"

"I wasn't saying that you should leave the company.  To be more precise, it means that you're dropped out of the debut group."

"Why?"

I couldn't understand, "Why was I dropped from the debut group?"

"Wooju."

"No, you said three weeks ago that I was confirmed to debut.  You even confirmed that the group name was TNT, but now all of the sudden you. . ."

"Debuting can always be put down any time.  The industry is like that Wooju.  Nobody can be relieved until they make the perfect debut.  Even with your seniors, this wasn't uncommon."

That wasn't wrong though.

TJ ENTERTAINMENT.

TJ ENTERTAINMENT was commonly referred to as one of the four major entertainment agencies in Korea.  They've been around since the 2000s debuting prominent boy and girl groups that they're nicknamed as the 'Idol Masterpiece' in the industry.

They produced many idol groups and when looking at the case of senior groups who debuted under TJ ENTERTAINMENT, the last member being changed were actually kept as a secret.

However, I didn't know that'll also be my story.

"It can be hard to understand.  I know how it feels but. . .'

"Is it because of my dance skills?"

There wasn't an answer, but it was enough to understand.

"Not long ago, we had a meeting with the planning team and discussed a lot of things.  Anyhow, it seemed like the balance of the choreography wasn't lining up together.  It wouldn't have helped if we debuted like that since the team's color would've been affected."

". . ."

"My management director and their potential friends said that we should keep an eye on it, but it was decided by my superiors, so I had no choice but to do it."

There was only one person who was above the director, president Park Taejoon.

TJ ENTERTAINMENT's CEO and even famous out in the industry known as, 'Midas hand'. (Midas hands seem to be named after King Midas in Greek mythology for turning everything he touches into gold.)