CH 18 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe

The factory inside my head was being active with a hypnotizing song entering inside it.  Every time the musical notes on the conveyor belt would passed by several machines, it appeared as if it were being manufactured.

In that manner, an instrumental started to emerge to support the main melody.  I raised my eyebrows since until now, nothing like that has appeared.

Stimulated by the familiar yet unique melody, my brain was automatically giving colors to the achromatic notes.  The musical notes danced while fluttering around and that’s when I was mesmerized by the beautiful dance that shone.

“. . . Oi ahjussi.  Ajhussi.”

Ahjussi: a korean term use to refer an older middle age man or man who’s married

“Huh?”

Since when have I’ve been closing my eyes?  I opened my eyes when Rihyuk tapped me.

What’s this?  Why is everyone looking at me?  What’s wrong with them?

Jang Sowon blinked and bursted into laughter.

“Did you perhaps sleep?”

“Eh?”

I lifted my head up and added the words, ‘Do you mean me?’.

Rihyuk, who’s standing by me, continued, “You’ve been like that for nearly 5 minutes.”

“Me?”

“If you don’t believe me, you can ask the others.”

“But I wasn’t”, I muttered, “It was about 10 seconds.”

“Well, you can sleep if you’re tired.”

If it was a different person, this situation would have made them frown or feel bad, but Jang Sowon delightfully smiled.

I felt bad so I said, “Seonbaenim, it isn’t like that.”

I shook my hands and explained what had just happened.  As such, I tried to recollect as much as possible.  To make it sound normal, I said, ‘I was thinking about the arrangement in my head for a while because the melody was so good’.

Why does it sound like an excuse when I’m being for real?

“Hmm.  Really?”

Jang Sowon squinted her eyes.

“What came to mind when you listened to it?”

“No, it’s. . .”

She laughed and joked around.

“It seems your leader must be a musical genius?  I didn’t recognize such a genius.  Did you all know about this?”

“Yes seonbaenim.”

“We called him the master of music.”

The members were busy making fun of me.  Ok.  I see you’re making lots of incidents, you all.

“The melody you’ve heard is the reason I requested you all.”

Jang Sowon, who had quite the laugh, went straight to the point.

“You know I’m releasing a new single album, right?”

“Yes.”

“It’s going to include about 3 song.  Among them, the title track and the other song are currently almost complete with the mixing.  However, the problem remains in this one.”

Jang Sowon said while tapping on her laptop.

“I was barely able to make the main melody, but I can’t make any more progress here.”