CH 2 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe

Three years is short, but also a long time.  Especially for men who'll understand what I mean if they have served in the military.

How can 21 months feel this long?  I would've never imagined that 21 months would feel longer than the 6 years I spent as a trainee.

"Military. . . was not it."

I finally understood what Seokhwan hyung meant before we parted at the terminal.

A lot of things have happened over three years.  I helped in my grandma's restaurant and as soon as I became an adult, I enlisted in the military.  I didn't have any money, so I didn't want to spend it on food expenses.

During that time, I was worrying over my career path.  After going through the frustration of wanting to become an idol that I dreamt about since childhood, I finally decided to change my hopes for the future.

That was to become a composer.

Perhaps I inherited it from my parents since they were musicians, but I had my own musical talent hence why I chose to become a composer to make use of it.

If you couldn't become an idol, wouldn't it be okay to make music for idols?  I also had these thoughts.  I thought it would be pretty cool as a career path if I started off as a composer then later transitioned into a producer.

And so, I started to prepare for the university entrance exam.

It was because I thought that getting accepted into a good music college was essential to becoming a composer.  Of course, preparing for the university entrance exam wasn't easy being in the military.

There were many obstacles as well.

For six years I was obsessed with wanting to be an idol that I neglected my studies.  This created a challenge studying for the SAT and GED.  Even so, if it wasn't for the fact that I mastered English and Chinese when I was a trainee, I would still be preparing for the university entrance exam.

I had started studying from scratch for 2 years.  Fortunately, I passed the GED safely and now all that was left was the SAT.

WINTER of 2013.  Today.

Now after 3 years since leaving the company, 21 year old Seon Wooju had been discharged from the military and was a test taker ahead of the university entrance exam.

Breathe out air in the cold weather.  It was the moment when I knew why there's a saying that it suddenly gets cold every year on the day of the entrance exam.

Brrr, cold.

I was walking down the street browsing the internet with my new smartphone since I got discharged.  It was still early in the morning.  The time of day where the street lamps light's would still be illuminated.

[  WHO ARE THE STAR THAT ARE TAKING THE SAT TODAY?  ]

When I clicked on the article's link in the portal entertainment section, I saw faces that I knew.

TNT HAN TAEHYUN, LA VIE EN ROSE JEON YUBIN, ETC. . .

TJ ENTERTAINMENT would occasionally appear and the faces would be lined up on the screen.  They're all faces that I recognized.  Among them, the one that caught my eyes was TNT's Han Taehyun.

TNT.

After I was dropped and another member was added, TNT debuted right away.  The results were a big success.

It wasn't just any kind of success, but a smashing success.

Not only were they that year's ROOKIE OF THE YEAR, but they also swept away all the awards.  They were changing the game as the greatest rookie idol of all time attached to their name.