CH 3 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe

Oh my god.  What did I just do?

"Are you okay?"

On the marble floor, I rushed to the police.

"I'm sorry! I also didn't know. . ."

"It's- it's okay."

"Hold my hand and get up."

The young man held my hand and stood up.  My head was in a state of confusion.

What's going on?  It was ridiculous.

My body moved on its own without me realizing it, and I threw an unknown person on the floor.

The opponent seemed puzzled, but so did I.

This is because the movement I tried just now was the same as the one I saw in the movie on the TV just before.

"Hello."

After moving to a cafe in the hospital, the man introduced himself.

"I came from Eunpyeong Station and am the investigator in charge of this case."

"Yes, hello."

A short sports haircut.  He had a face resembling a detective because of his dark skin and thick lines.

The business card he handed over said "Jang Kyungil, the chief of the traffic investigation community."

"Did you get hurt anywhere else?"

"I'm okay." officer Jang smiled coolly.

"I used to be on the judo team when I was young.  I didn't think I could do that. Oh hahaha. . .!"

"Are you okay?"

"I- I don't know."

It seems to hurt a lot, but I decided to move on.

"I can say you're amazing at flipping me over.  You didn't do it for a day or two. I guess you were an athlete if you did it unconsciously."

"Oh, yeah, yeah."

"Eyy, I knew it."

It was a lie, but I couldn't say, 'I copied the technique in the movie without knowing, haha.'

Soon after, the officer took out a notebook and began to ask questions.  I answered the questions truthfully.  After a short Q&A session, I brought up a question I was curious about.

"Was it perhaps drunk driving?  The car was going around left to right."

"It wasn't drunk driving.  He was an epilepsy patient. I heard from the man that he had a seizure while dropping his daughter off at the exam entrance."

"Can epilepsy patients also have a driver's license?"

"It's possible."

The police officer nodded.

"Well, the content is complicated to explain here, but there was no legal problem with obtaining a license."

". . . Is that so?"

It's somewhat bitter to think that the reason why I couldn't take the exam was because of an examinee's family member.

"Then what's going to happen now?"

"I'll have to charge them since in this case, almost two people could have passed away."

I almost died. Now I realized how reckless it was to jump in front of a speeding car.  If the same situation were repeated, would I do the same thing?