CH 10 : In This Life, The Greatest Star In The Universe

8:30 in the morning.

I announce that the arrangement is complete in front of the all the trainees.

"What?"

Seo Rihyuk had an expression on his face seeming to doubt his ears.

"How can you do it all in one night?"

"Well."

". . ."

"I'm just kidding. It just happened worked out."

The fellow with a speechless look asked, "Did you do it properly?"

"You'll find out when you hear it."

An interruption of a giggle came from the youngest.

"It's not accepted if it's a mess. You'll have to buy the snacks."

"Hey, snacks isn't the important issue in this situation."

"Why though hyung. A ghost who dies after eating looks good. Of course, it's important to eat." (The ghost sentence part is a Korean Proverb which stress the importance of eating cause food is good, so that's why a ghost would look good instead of dead after eating LOL)

While the youngest and main vocal are arguing with each other, Junghyun and Bijoo, the senior high schooler line, are talking among themselves.

It was along the same conversation of, 'Already done?', 'Don't know, let's just listen'. I held the USB that I received from the director and connected it to the speakers.

I'm a bit nervous.

The director said he worked on the piece on his computer, but I never actually got to hear it. What if something like, 'Bang Sang, Kaerang Kaerang' suddenly plays? (The bang sang part is just random noise gibberish)

"Ok, I'll play it now."

Everyone looks doubtful.

Just how high of a quality will the arrangement be for just one day. How high and would it be just as high as the sky?

However the mood change when the accompaniment began.

With the clean intro, Junghyun's mouth created an, 'Oh' shape. Whenever he nods, Bijoo would also nod. The youngest stopped chewing on his chocolate and concentrated on listening. Rihyuk was also taking it seriously.

Overall, he seemed surprised by the high quality and was soon satisfied.

The first 30 seconds were evaluated, but after those 30 seconds, the trainees fell into the song in earnest.

That was the 2 different tunes.

After the first verse, we moved onto the second verse. It's the part where the melody that connects the two in the middle emerges. (So not quite on verse 2 yet I think?)

In a somewhat unfamiliar section, the members tilt their head in wonders.

"This is the section where Junghyun will rap."

Everyone nodded, especially rapper Junghyun who had a satisfied smile. It's a good melody to write lyrics for.

Then the rap section ended and the second verse started. The second verse was composed of music different from the first verse.

Everyone concentrated on listening with nervousness, but seemed to admire the natural connections.

"How was it?", I asked how I felt after the song ended.

"At first, I was skeptical since you said you would do it in one day, but I didn't expect that the quality would be this good."

"I like the rap part. It sticks with you."