Chapter Ten - Wolfe

I try to shake my headache off as I review the paperwork still left to be done. Five days of hardly no sleep has me off my game. But who the fuck can sleep when there's only a wall between me and a curly haired plump goddess?

What pisses me off the most is the fact that if she hadn't brought up Kathleen, I would have kissed her. There is no fucking doubt in my mind about that. I would have taken that pretty little mouth and shown her what it's like to be with a Dominant. From what little I know, she hardly has any experience in anything sexual and my body is literally aching to teach her all the things she is missing out on. Knowing she doesn't even use the damn toys she sells is killing me, and I can only hope she has at least tried the few additions I included in the suitcase I bought for her.

Fuck.

My jeans are so tight I feel the zipper might leave an imprint worse than Hunter with his shibari ropes when he ties up his subs.

What would Kendra look like tied up like that, I wonder.

After all, she did score high on the rope bunny scale.

I scoff. If she can't even play with herself, how is she going to allow anyone else to play with her? But damn if I wouldn't give anything to see her like that. At my mercy, eyes looking up at me as if I'm the only fucking one in her world. The only one she trusts implicitly. The one she would play for, and let play with.

The knock on the door startles me out of whatever fucking never-gonna-happen scenario my brain has conjured up.

"Hey man, you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

His eyebrows shoot up at my defensive tone. "Sorry, not sleeping very much lately. I'm fine. How are you, Alexander?"

The 'Really?' in his face tells me I can fuck off at the use of his full name.

"What do you want, Ace?"

"Just wondering if your lack of sleep has anything to do with your neighbor. You know the one; Cute curly hair, adorable dimples and fuckable mouth?"

"Don't talk that way about her."

He raises his hands in surrender. "That's what I thought."

Letting out a long sigh, I refuse to reply to him. Since I lost Kathleen, I haven't been with anyone. There have been subs that have almost made me feel human again, just not enough. Each time, Ace has been there with his 'thoughts' and smart-ass comments. He's never been right.

"Shut up Ace." I rub my face. We don't have secrets. Never have.

When you know each other for years and are both dominants running the same club... let's just say there's something like knowing your buddy too well. But even he doesn't know the shit that went down with Kathleen. No. He's just seen the aftermath.

"I need a drink." The fact that he remains silent and just raises his eyebrows way up high tells me he knows exactly how fucked I am. I never drink before a scene or a show. But fuck me, I need one now.

"So, you ready for the seminar?"

No.

"Of course. I just need a minute."

Ace leans against the door frame all casual. Meaning that whatever the fucker is going to say, is anything but.

"I invited a few of the subs to watch."

I nod. That's not entirely unusual. We want them to know the Doms get proper training and give them a chance to see how things work and ask questions, should they want to and their Doms allow it. Once or twice, certain subs have become switches, letting their dominant sides out to play. No problem there.