Chapter Twelve - Kendra

Wolfe's holding my upper arm as if I'm a petulant child. We're on the top floor, where the private rooms are, and I can still hear the people in the dungeon as there is no music on and the club is otherwise empty.

He opens the door with what looks like a small silver paddle on his key-chain and ushers me inside. Still wrapped in that damn blanket, I look around the room.

Not what I expected. It looks... normal.

There's a bed, and what looks like a closet, but that's it. Another door is only slightly open, but I'm guessing that's the bathroom.

Turning back to look at him I see he has not turned towards the room. Instead, he's leaning his forehead against the now closed door and one arm curled up over his head, with a closed fist.

He's angry. Well, so am I.

And despite this man being an experienced Dominant and me being... absolutely unsure of what I am, I know he won't hurt me. It's a knowledge that comes from deep within, my instinct telling me I can trust him. Despite his asshole behavior.

Silence stretches for a while and I'm not sure what to do.

I wanted to scream at him some more but now I'm having the urge to ask him if he is okay. Maybe this was the room he used to share with his wife and that's why he is upset?

Turning around, there is fire in his eyes, not sadness.

Again, not what I expected.

"Do you want to explain to me why the hell you felt the need to pull that stunt downstairs?"

I scoff. "If I really need to explain that actions have consequences, you really shouldn't handle a whip. Or any other high impact toys."

"You really need to stop being such a brat, Kendra."

"I'm not being a brat, Leo." He huffs when I use his first name. "In case you forgot, I'm new here. Ace hired me to join play parties to get to know everyone and be able to network and get more clients. He very kindly suggested that I become a member too, as all employees are, and so I can learn and maybe see if this is something I am into. And if not, at least get the knowledge for my job."

"You cannot be that naive."

"How am I bei..."

"You really think that Ace hired you out of the goodness of his heart?"

I'm taken aback by the way Wolfe says that. "Well, yes. Why else..."

"Because he wants to fuck you, sweetheart. That's why. And I bet, after seeing those huge fucking tits of yours, he'll be making a move in no time. Under the guise of 'taking you under his wing' of course." He adds air-quotes to emphasize the point he is making.

"And this bothers you because?"

"It doesn't. Why the hell would I even care?"

I smile in disbelief. "Then why would you even bring it up? Why mention it if it's not because you either dislike Ace and are trying to protect me, or dislike me and are trying to protect him. So which is it? Because in case you hadn't noticed, it's kind of obvious that you don't like me."

"That's bullshit. You're wrong. I have nothing against you and I've known Ace for years, I love him like a brother."

"Fine, then if you don't have a problem with him fucking me, why don't I go downstairs right now and...." As I'm reaching for the door, he grabs a hold of me and spins me around, pushing me against it. The blanket has fallen from my shoulders and I don't know when the hell he undid the buttons on his shirt but we are chest to chest, my hard nipples poking against his hot skin.