Chapter 201 : Inquiry

Klein held his breath with his back against the wall as he faced the darkness of the corridor.

What’s Captain doing? What’s wrong with him? Was he drinking blood? Is this a sign of him losing control? Klein’s mind was a mess, incapable of effective thought.

Nearly twenty seconds later, Klein clenched his teeth. With the help of the control he had over his body as a Clown, he silently made his way down the stairs.

Later, he then intentionally took heavier footsteps and made his way back to the door of Madam Sharon’s bedroom.

Klein looked in to see the Captain wrapping Sealed Artifact 3-0271 with the black cloth. His expression was serious, his face clean.

It was as though what Klein had seen just now was only an illusion.

Glancing sideways, Klein saw nothing abnormal with Kenley’s body. It was the same as it had been.

He inhaled and asked, “Captain, how am I going to confirm if those servants are still asleep? I can’t make an accurate judgment just based on Spirit Vision alone. They’ll have various emotional reactions due to their dreams which will be reflected in the color of their auras.”

Dunn Smith fiddled with the Spirit Medium Mirror and was silent for a few seconds. He said with a raspy voice, “I’m sorry. I forgot about that. I’ve made too many mistakes tonight.

“There’s no need for you to check, I’ll confirm it.”

He lifted his hand and pressed his glabella, then he closed his eyes, allowing formless ripples to spread towards the first floor.

It was crystal-clear to a Nightmare if anyone was asleep or not.

Klein froze when he saw this. He looked down and bit at the insides of his lips.

Captain, were you really drawing me away just now...

What are you doing? Do you know what you’re doing...

He abruptly turned to look at the window, only to see the crimson moon hanging high in the sky, seemingly unchanged for thousands of years.

After collecting himself, Klein used the cover of picking up his tarot cards, revolver, half top hat, and other items to closely examine the corpses of Kenley and Madam Sharon.

They maintained the same look as when they died, but their skin was turning pale at a rapid rate. They also had tinges of blue and black marks.

It’s a little weird, they seem to be missing something... It’s not something specific, but more of a feeling... Klein muttered to himself. He felt his hair stand on end due to the chilly wind blowing through the shattered window.

At that moment, Dunn opened his eyes and said in a deep voice, “They’re all still asleep, but some of them are close to waking up.”

“That’s good, that’s good...” Klein looked at the Captain, not knowing what he was saying.

Dunn surveyed the surroundings and said, “Clean up the scene, then get someone from the nearest police station to come over. Oh, and make a trip back to Zouteland Street and get Frye to come help out.”

Klein gave the Captain a deep look and nodded with his teeth clenched.

“Okay.”

With Dunn’s help, Klein quickly cleaned up the scene and left Madam Sharon’s house through the front door.

Walking through the garden and coming outside, Klein couldn’t help but look back. All he saw was the silent nursery in the darkness. There was no light at all.