Chapter 219 : Explanation

If The Fool had simply mentioned that there was some simple general knowledge contained in Roselle’s diary, The Hanged Man, Alger, wouldn’t necessarily be determined to pay the “price” for the answer, partly because the description of it being “simple” killed his curiosity. Another aspect stemmed from his constant wariness against making trades with The Fool, as it reminded him of the examples when deals were made with evil gods and devils.

But now that he knew the so-called contents of simple general knowledge, his interest was piqued. Yet, he was unable to understand parts of the description, much less gain any actual or deep grasp of the concept. Therefore, he couldn’t hold back his urges to ask in absolute reverence, “Mr. Fool, what kind of payment do you want?”

“Yes, yes!” Justice Audrey nodded her head nearly indiscernibly but very frequently, indicating that this was something she wanted to ask as well.

Although The Sun Derrick remained silent and didn’t make any additional body gestures, the look he gave to The Fool explained everything.

Klein, who was waiting for a such a response, smiled and said, “Information regarding the Secret Order.”

“The Secret Order...” The Hanged Man Alger muttered to himself.

He wasn’t unfamiliar with this term. He had once received payment for explaining to Miss Justice about many secret organizations, including the Secret Order.

Audrey and Derrick both frowned subconsciously. The former’s only understanding of the Secret Order was limited to what The Hanged Man had described. And the latter had never even heard of such an organization.

Klein had long anticipated what The Sun would feel, but he wasn’t surprised. According to his conjecture, the area where the City of Silver was located should’ve been a part of the Third Epoch after the appearance of the first Blasphemy Slate and before the appearance of the second Blasphemy Slate. It was even possible that it was the direct catalyst or manifestation of the cataclysm. The Zaratul family had only stepped onto the stage of history in the Fourth Epoch, and the Secret Order was created in the latter half of the Fourth Epoch. There was no way both entities could’ve existed in the same period.

It would surprise Klein if the Sun were to know about the Secret Order. He would then have to overturn some of his speculations, reconstruct his knowledge of the City of Silver, the Forsaken Land of the Gods, and the Zaratul family.

After nearly twenty seconds of silence, Alger looked at The Fool in the gray fog, deliberated his words and said, “I will accept this request and help you gather information regarding the Secret Order.

“Can you make ‘payment’ in advance?”

It wasn’t surprising that a suspected deity was interested in an ancient and secret organization; therefore, Alger wasn’t puzzled about it.

More importantly, after many gatherings, he had a guess in his mind, which was that Mr. Fool’s state wasn’t perfect, that “He” might be in a predicament, that all “His” attempts and the actions of “His” adorers on the Northern and Southern Continents were to help “Him” break free from “His” confines.

This might even be related to the huge secret of why the seven deities no longer descend upon the real world after the Fourth Epoch... A thought flashed through Alger’s mind, and he shuddered as he felt himself entering the realm of the gods.

Upon hearing The Hanged Man’s request, Klein leaned back in his chair and nodded.

“No problem.

“If the information you have collected exceeds the value of the answer, I will provide you with further compensation.”