Chapter 220 : Kleins Sacrificial Trial

“Attempt?” Justice was instantly thrilled as she nodded her, acting reserved and elegant.

“I’m very willing to cooperate.”

As a Spectator, she clearly remembered that Mr. Fool had only used the word “attempt” on two things. The first time involved bringing her and The Hanged Man into this mysterious space, and the second time was when they were given an honorary name so that they could attempt to make a prayer. And the outcome was sufficiently successful, revealing “His” true nature.

What would it be this time? It really is something to look forward to! Audrey restrained her impatience and tried her best to behave as a qualified Spectator.

Attempt... Alger suddenly tensed up, viewing The Fool’s proposal with utmost wariness.

What does “He” want to do? What is “His” true purpose? Is this good or bad for me?One by one, thoughts popped up in his mind. The rapidly rotting appearance of Rear Admiral Hurricane Qilangos surfaced in Alger’s mind.

Finally, he lowered his head and respectfully replied, “Your wish is my wish.”

Beside him, Derrick looked at The Hanged Man, and then at Justice, wondering why they were so sensitive to this so-called “attempt.”

Klein lightly tapped his fingers on the edge of the long bronze table and smiled.

“This attempt will make your transaction easier and safer, and it will definitely be sufficiently confidential.”

He turned his head to the side and looked at The Hanged Man. He said with a moderate pace, “Do you remember the sacrificial ritual described by The Sun?”

Klein had deliberately mentioned it to show how open he was. It made it difficult for the members of the Tarot Club to imagine that the sacrificial ceremony he was about to provide had actually first been obtained from The Sun and that he had gone through all that time and effort back then to trick The Sun out of a template sacrificial ritual.

“I remember. I do come into contact with such things usually,” Alger answered truthfully, but his heart was throbbing.

Since the orthodox gods rarely responded to similar rituals, the word “sacrifice” had often been equated to evil gods and devils in the Fifth Epoch!

Thinking about how this could lead to a terrifying outcome, The Hanged Man felt as if he was walking at the edge of the abyss. If he wasn’t careful, he would fall in, only to be eroded and devoured.

Klein followed his plans and didn’t provide further explanations. He nodded slightly and said, “My idea is for you to sacrifice the Beyonder material to me through the ritual and I’ll bestow them to Miss Justice. A transaction like this will be beneficial for both of you.”

That can be done? Audrey was instantly dumbfounded. She felt that this exceeded the limits of her imagination.

But she very quickly came to her senses and understood the advantages of this method and the true nature of a deity hidden behind this simple act!

Mr. Fool is great! As expected, our Tarot Club will be different from the other secret organizations! We’ll use the method of deities to exchange for material goods and ingredients! Audrey almost said “Praise the Lady” in her mind out of habit, but in the end, she said, “Praise Mr. Fool” instead.

Alger turned even warier as he entered a state of calm thoughts.

“Honorable Mr. Fool, what do I need to do?”

He tried to figure out the true purpose of The Fool from the process of the sacrificial ritual.

Klein lightly pressed his right hand and said, “Like I said, this is only an attempt. It might not succeed, so it will need your cooperation.