Chapter 247 : The Whole Story

The figure in the mirror was clear, but it was as though the woman in the black regal dress had never appeared.

Klein secretly activated his Spirit Vision, but didn’t find anything.

Did I just hire a female ghost as my bodyguard? She’s even stranger than a female ghost... At the very least, one can see ghosts with Spirit Vision... Klein thoughtfully touched Azik’s copper whistle in his pocket, feeling nothing but its cold chill. Like before, it didn’t have any additional changes.

She’s unaffected by the copper whistle... Seems like she isn’t an undead creature... However, I can’t be sure. Back then, the copper whistle was buried with me, but the corpses surrounding me didn’t act abnormally... Was it because those buried in the cemetery have experienced a send off by the priests and bishops? When does it work and when doesn’t it... When this business with the ambassador is over, and if I’m still alive, I’ll go to the cemetery and try to figure out the scope of its effect and its limits. I can’t always carry a time bomb like this... Klein washed his face and walked out of the bathroom.

Just as he picked up the newspaper in the living room and was going to read it in the living room or bedroom, he heard the doorbell ring.

Klein’s mind tensed up when he heard the tinkling sounds. He put on his coat, with all kinds of materials in it, and walked towards the door gingerly.

He clearly knew that danger was approaching in the next few days!

After standing behind the door and waiting for a moment, the scene outside naturally surfaced in Klein’s mind.

The crimson moon was faintly discernible in the sky. The elegant gas lamps on both sides of the street lit up the wet road. A boy wearing an old coat stood there. His bright red eyes were deep and adrift.

Ian Wright? Why did he appear? Isn’t this what I saw in my dream divination? Is this the prelude to danger? Klein opened the door and took two cautious steps back.

“Detective Moriarty,” Ian took off his brown top hat, bowed, and said in a low voice, “I came to apologize. I’m sorry to have involved you in such a dangerous matter.”

Klein creased his eyebrows and probed, “What you should’ve done is head to the police station.”

Ian looked around and bowed his head.

“I just came out from MI9.”

Ah? Is that the name of the military’s special department? Klein stepped aside, pointed at the living room and said, “Maybe we can have a chat.”

I have to at least know what placed me in this situation... He sighed inwardly.

Ian didn’t stand on ceremony as he followed Klein into the living room and sat in the same spot as he did the last time.

He was just about to open his mouth when Klein suddenly added, “If what you plan on saying will put me in greater danger, then there’s no need to tell me about it.”

“No, everything will soon be over.” Ian had a calmness that was beyond his age.

Klein was relieved and asked out of curiosity, “So, what exactly happened?”

Before he could finish his sentence, he saw a figure emerge from the panes of the oriel window across the room: a black regal dress, long hair tied in a bun, blue eyes, delicate features, and a pale face. It was the woman who had previously greeted Klein in the mirror.

This woman seemed to find an illusory high back chair and sat down. Her left palm supported her right elbow while her right hand supported her face, pretending to listen attentively while appearing expressionless.