Chapter 205 : Urgent Arrangement

Klein instinctively reached for his pockets. He held the Flaring Sun Charm in one hand and Azik’s copper whistle in the other.

He acutely noticed that the cold, gentle Beyonder feedback of the latter had vanished as if it was being suppressed by an invisible power. However, the former was still warm and comforting.

Making use of this comforting feeling, Klein entered a half Cogitation state. He blocked out his feelings of worry and didn’t leave anything to chance.

He turned and shot a look at Leonard Mitchell, then tipped his chin toward Megose.

He then controlled his expression with his Clown abilities and smiled at Megose.

“Do you want coffee, black tea, or nothing at all?”

Megose stroked her stomach as if she was listening to something.

“A cup of warm water. I suddenly thought of chatting with you guys about Lanevus. I have the feeling that you know a lot.”

“Who told you that?” Leonard was no longer the frivolous guy that he usually was. His smile had turned rather stiff.

Megose suddenly giggled.

“My child told me. He knows a lot. He’s very smart!”

Klein fought back the urge to curse. He turned to the partition and signaled to Leonard to keep Megose calm.

Leonard forced a smile and pointed toward the sofa.

“That’s exactly what I’d like to talk about. We want to have a chat with you about Lanevus.”

Behind the receptionist desk, Rozanne looked on in confusion. She suddenly realized that she didn’t need to do anything.

Klein quickly made his way past the partition and directly pushed open the door to Dunn Smith’s office, then closed the door with a bang.

He saw Dunn looking shocked before turning serious and saying in a heavy voice, “Captain, something serious has happened. I know what Lanevus meant by bomb!”

Dunn stood up and pointed outside.

“Megose?”

He had obviously heard Leonard’s shocked exclamation, but he was unable to see the looks of fear and cold sweat on his teammates’ faces.

Klein nodded and explained quickly, “I tried to activate my Spirit Vision to observe Megose to ascertain her mental condition, but my spirituality stopped me from making the attempt. It kept “warning” me not to look, that I would die if I did so!

“This made me recall a saying, ‘You may not look directly at God.’ Even if the fetus in Megose’s stomach isn’t an evil god attempting to descend upon this world, or the spawn of an evil god, it’s definitely a legendary creature.

“Captain, connecting this to the black altar in Hood Eugen’s memories, to his Psychiatrist abilities, to the tragic world as described in Lanevus’s letter, I think that my guess is quite close to the truth: Lanevus obtained a ritualistic magic linked to the True Creator from an Aurora Order member. With Hood Eugen’s help, he turned Megose into a vessel to gestate a certain power. Then, this power will make use of the resentment, oppression, and gloominess surrounding the factories to quickly grow until maturity. In other words, the ritual itself needs this resentment, oppression, and gloominess in order to succeed!”

Dunn considered Klein’s words seriously for nearly twenty seconds before nodding with a solemn expression.

“I’ll ask for assistance from the Holy Cathedral immediately. Let’s hope that the baby in Megose’s stomach can still wait!