Chapter 204 : Visitor

Klein and Leonard lifted their gaze from the letter and exchanged glances. They muttered, “He’s crazy, right?”

“Lanevus is secretly a lunatic?”

A lunatic who truly has a delusional disorder and an antisocial personality... Klein thought and felt a tug at his heartstrings. He quickly redirected his gaze to the letter.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the hint is that I’ve placed a bomb in Tingen, a bomb that will grow stronger over time.

“Seek it and finish it before it explodes. If you lose the game, there will be a boom, and the entire city of Tingen will be reduced to a ruin. Trust me, I’m not lying at all about this.

“—Lanevus, who enjoys giving his friends pleasant surprises.”

“A bomb?” Klein looked at Leonard and muttered to himself, perplexed.

Leonard held the letter up to the sunlight and looked as he flipped it around. He didn’t find any other clues.

“The term ‘bomb’ is probably an expression. I’ve never heard of a bomb that can grow stronger.”

Klein creased his eyebrows and said thoughtfully, “No, I mean, he might be using ‘bomb’ to reference something in mysticism. Such as an evil ritual that continuously accumulates power...”

Leonard cocked his head as though he was listening to something when suddenly, his facial expression grew solemn.

He nodded as his green eyes constricted. “Maybe you’re right. Isn’t there a description at the beginning of the letter? Child laborers that die before their time, factory workers who seldom live past ten years after entering the factory because of their working conditions, female workers who risk severe illnesses for a meager salary... Boundless resentment surrounding every factory... Perhaps, that might be the energy source that constantly strengthens Lanevus’s bomb.”

“Yes... that’s very possible!” Klein suddenly tensed up and said, “We need to report to the Captain immediately!”

Leonard laughed and said, “There’s no need to be so nervous. You should know that Lanevus is a Swindler. The part where he said that he didn’t lie might be a lie itself.

“Of course, regardless, we have to return to Zouteland Street to report to the Captain. It’s best if we can request the Holy Cathedral to send a mysticism expert over and find the location of the altar through the abnormal accumulation of resentment.”

Someone is apparently very familiar with protocol... But why would the setup of such an altar need Hood Eugen’s help? What role does a Psychiatrist play in this? Klein didn’t object to the idea. He left 62 Howes Street with Leonard and rushed back to Zouteland Street on a hired carriage.

Just as they entered the Blackthorn Security Company’s door, Klein saw two familiar faces, one voluptuous and one scrawny. They were Maynard’s wife and sister.

They were still in black dresses and black hats. The fine checkered black gauze concealed their faces.

The two ladies were chatting with Rozanne, and when they suddenly saw Klein’s return, they turned around and walked forward.

“You really are the cream of the crop in this industry.” Mrs. Maynard nodded slightly and said in a low voice, “I’m very pleased with the outcome and am also impressed with your work approach. Here’s the reward that you deserve.”

The scrawny woman passed a light brown paper bag to Klein. It was filled with thick stacks of cash. There were ten pound notes, five pound notes, one pound notes, and also five soli and one soli.