Chapter 240 : Trying Your Luck?

Good at concocting medicine, treating illnesses, and growing quite a few medicinal herbs in the sewers... Is he an Apothecary? I wonder if he’s a member of the Life School of Thought or a believer of Mother Earth? Of course, it’s more likely for him to be unaffiliated... Klein listened thoughtfully but didn’t speak out carelessly.

In the Loen Kingdom, due to the Church of the Lord of Storms rejecting the Eternal Blazing Sun and the God of Knowledge and Wisdom, while the Church of the Evernight Goddess and the Church of the God of Combat were irreconcilable; as a result of this, among the foreign religions, only the Church of Mother Earth had obtained the right to preach, but under the tacit suppression from the three Churches. They only had a few churches with very few believers, to the point that they didn’t even need to form a team of Beyonders. And even if they did, they wouldn’t be recognized by the government and couldn’t cooperate with the police department. They would be considered as vigilantes.

According to the confidential information of the Nighthawks, the Church of Mother Earth had two sequence paths in its control: Planter and Apothecary. However, the latter was apparently incomplete.

The suspected Apothecary didn’t have his hood on. He revealed a black iron mask on his face, but it only covered the part above the bridge of his nose, making the quivering fat on his cheeks appear to stand out.

“I repeat, I need someone to clean up the newly appeared beast in the sewers. I only need the area around Backlund Bridge cleaned up. Payment will be with four bottles of my precious medicine; two of them can effectively stop bleeding and stimulate the healing of wounds. Trust me, this is better than going to the clinic to do a suture operation, and it’s effective for six months,” the man suspected to be an Apothecary stated his requirements and corresponding conditions.

He suddenly let out a soft laugh and continued to describe the case, “The other two bottles can last one and a half months, and can allow a man to find the urges from back when he was seventeen or eighteen years old and become a Beyonder on the bed. Hehe, you know what I mean. Even if it exceeds the use-by date, it can still produce effects, but it will also spread throughout the body. The user will become abnormally violent and their strength, speed, and agility will greatly increase before exhaustion kicks in half an hour later.

Why does he look like those old military doctors who plaster their tiny advertisements everywhere... And shamelessly promoting the effects of his expired drugs... Klein couldn’t help but silently lampoon.

Seeing the silent room after he said his piece, the suspected Apothecary could only grit his teeth and say, “I’ll add 30 pounds on top of my 4 precious bottles of medicine!”

Finally, a man sitting somewhere along the periphery of the couches spoke up.

He surveyed the area and said in a deep voice, “I accept this commission. You should pay an advance with two bottles of medicine, one of each kind. Mr. Eye of Wisdom will bear witness.”

“No problem,” said an elder seated on a single sofa with a nod.

The lines on his cheeks were deep, his skin a little shriveled, and his voice had an ancient quality to it, so Klein judged him to be an elderly gentleman.

“Alright.” The suspected Apothecary heaved a sigh of relief.

After the conclusion of this transaction, the gathering seemed to turn more lively. Soon, a woman with her face completely covered by a hood said, “I want to sell two weapons.”

Weapons? Klein adjusted his posture and became more focused.

Since he was temporarily unable to advance, he could only increase his strength by using external items.