chapter 5 || tutor.

thank you so much everyone for reading the first
chapters of my book! I'm so exited to continue it!
don't forget to vote and comment!🫶🏻🫶🏻

- Marcus's pov -

Normally I can easily remain calm , but when he comes to stand in front of me the anger in me begins to rise to the surface. did I do something wrong, no right? I just wanted to ask his girlfriend something , which by the way she suggested.
I push him out of the way and look at alisha. "when?" I ask her. Now in a worse mood than when I asked her the first time. She looks at her phone and opens her calendar. "Later around 5 p.m.?"
I nod and walk away from the cafeteria. I look back once more and smile as her cheeks turn red with embarrassment.

~~
- Alisha's pov -

I look away from my phone and see Marcus looking at me. I quickly turn around and look at my food. I feel like my cheeks are on fire. I'm sure all my friends are staring , but I decide to ignore it.

"What was he talking about?" Asks jayden. How am I supposed to answer this? I'm sure he's going to get angry or jealous. Jayden has always been like this. I'm not allowed to talk to boys , I'm not allowed to do group projects with boys and so many other things.
I think he is exaggerating but when I tell him that, he just gets angrier. "I have to tutor him from Mrs. smith. I got caught when we were skipping a few days ago. This is my punishment."
I can see it in jayden's eyes...he doesn't believe a word of it. During recess he thankfully didn't say anything more about it. Hopefully he'll let it go.

School is finally done. I've been looking forward to it all day. After the incident during lunch, I really didn't feel like staying at school. Also, I haven't seen Marcus all day.
Not that I care , but shouldn't he be at school? Whatever. I walk to my car and get in. I want to start my car but then I see a note on my window. I get out again and reach for the piece of paper.
It has something written on it. "Come to the library in town at 5 p.m. ." There was no name written on it , but I didn't need one either. I tear up the piece of paper and drop the remains. Then I get back into my car , and drive home.

I come home and do my homework. Then I go upstairs and quickly put on something else. A gray jogging and a cute crop top. I look at the time and quickly take my car keys. I get in the car and drive to the library.
I get out of my car and go inside. I look around but I don't see Marcus anywhere. I get a notification on my phone. I take it out of my pocket and click on the notification. The message is from Marcus. "I'm at the back table."
I roll my eyes and walk to the back of the library. And there he sits. Scrolling on his phone. I walk over to the table and sit in front of him. He leaves his phone away and looks at me. "You look good." I look good?

I try to quickly get rid of the red that appears on my cheeks. "Thank you." Is the only thing I reply. he looks at me with no emotion in his eyes. Almost with every person I know , I know what they are thinking by their facial expressions. But with him? It's as if his emotions are turned off.
"What subject do you need help for?" I ask.
"The question is , for which subject do I not need help." Before I could stop it , I start giggling. He takes a few books out of his backpack and drops them down on the table. "These  are the subjects I have trouble with."
But these were more than half of our books? Fortunately, the library is open 24/7. This is going to take a while.
After a few hours, we're through about 3 subjects. We made exercises , revisited tests and so much more. My eyes start to get heavy , but I still try to focus.
"Are you tired?" He asks. I nod. "But it's okay , we'll finish math." I take the folder and flip through it. He didn't fill in anything? "How many times do you come to school in a week?" He looks around as he thinks.
"Maybe 3 times? But then I never stay full days either." I'm shocked. Of course he's behind. He never comes to school. We go over theory , but I feel like I'm getting more and more tired. My eyes get heavy and...I fall asleep.