chapter 8 || hope.

hey y'all...🥰🥰
I think you guys are ready to kill me.
I let you guys wait for like 3 months?
I'm gonna try to be online and write more chapters. ( pls don't kill me 😜)
now enjoy!

✿ ✿ ✿

- Marcus's pov -

I called Kai without giving him any further info. I almost never call Kai because normally I can always find a hospital somewhere. So when I call , he knows it's important. My father had me memorize almost all the States of America in the beginning of my training.

Where there are bunkers I can take shelter in , hospitals in case of these situations and more. But somehow I could not focus. Normally I can find a solution every time , but now that alisha is lying here unconscious I can't think. Kai should be here in 10 minutes , but I don't know how long alisha can last. I put my fingers on her neck , searching for a heartbeat.

Fortunately, I feel a strong beating. Not regular but that's the least of my worries right now. Meanwhile, I sit here on a patch of grass without a t-shirt with a bleeding woman on the ground. Not a single person can see me , otherwise I am in big trouble. I have already thought of calling an ambulance but I can't.

Then they ask for my papers , how it happened and all shit. What should I say, yes I am actually from the mafia? Hell no. I was just about to call Kai, but he arrives just in time. Kai is our personal doctor. He does everything for us. He's one of my best friends, which is why I trust him with everything.

' what happened Marcus? ' Kai asks as he takes his things out of the car. ' They shot her in her leg. She was also tied up for a while , the rope was very tight around her body. Do what you have to do Kai. I'm going to go find the last person , and kill him. If anything dramatic happens to alisha , you let me know right away. Understood? '

Kai nods as he takes things out of his bag. The first thing I do is take my phone out of my pocket to call the cleanup crew. The building is already evacuating because they heard shots , but with any luck our last person is still inside. His name is Austin smith. One of our biggest competitors. If I can kill him tonight , this would be perfect.

The anger in my body builds and I can't wait to smash his head into the wall. I step inside the VIP area. And luckily he is still there. He and his rich pals are too drunk to realize what is happening. I just have to get him away from there. I think about all the possible options , but luckily he just stands up to go get new drinks.

He wobbles on the way to the bar , which means this will be easier than expected. As he walks past me , I pull him back by his collar and push into him in the first next room. I look around and then step inside myself. To my surprise , he is not lying on the floor but standing up.

' well well well ... Marcus Romano ... what a surprise. I thought I wasn't going to see you again , but here you are. What are you doing here?'  I am almost trembling with anger. If there isn't steam coming out of my ears it's a miracle.

But fortunately I am good at hiding my emotions. I breath in and then step to him. ' what do you think old man? I'm here to kill you.'  Laughter fills the room and I roll my eyes. ' old man? Oh Marcus... don't forget I'm only a few years older than you. And also better than you. I'd love to see you try.'

He turns around and only then do I see the big smirk on his face. He wasn't drunk at all , and he probably knew this was going to happen. The best thing I can do now is walk away , but not today. ' By the way , how is your girlfriend doing? I heard she's a little-' before he can finish his sentence , I grab my knife from my halter and make an attempt to stab him