Part 1

You were moving to a different town due to your parents being difficult to handle and them not accepting your job. You were planning on going somewhere that you can stay for a while and hopefully with not too many people. You aren't the social type and is very introverted most of the time. You had friends back at home, but you had to leave them without saying goodbye. (You ran away in the middle of the night.) 

You grabbed your guitar and pack of stuff and got in your car. You looked out your window and sighed as you drove

"I'm going to miss this house. But I have to leave," you said. 

{Time Skip}

You've been driving for hours. You thought you would never find the perfect place when you came across a beautiful land filled with trees that looked like colorful clouds. There were cute little Barbaloots and orange Humming Fish and yellow Swomee Swans. The grass was the greenest of greens and the sky was beautiful. You got out of your car and looked around taking in your surroundings. What a beautiful place! 

"This is the most beautiful place I have ever seen!" 

 You hear a voice speaking. You look over to see a man in his early twenties talking to a donkey. He was wearing a white button-up shirt and grey vest over top of it. He had on black and grey stripped pants and a fedora on his head. You thought he looked kinda cute. Hot even. 

He caught sight of you staring and stopped in his tracks. He headed toward you. 

"Hey, I saw you looking over my way and wondered if you needed help with anything," he said. He gave you a smile that made you want to melt on the spot.

"Oh! Um, no. I don't need help," you lied. You actually have nowhere to stay and have no more than twenty dollars in your pocket. 

"Oh, I just figured since you were looking at me. By the way, my name's Once-ler."

 You blushed at what he said. You didn't really notice you were staring at him. 

"I'm sorry for staring at you. That was kinda rude and weird. Also my name is Y/N," you awkwardly said. He laughed. 

"That's alright,"

"Okay, well, I guess I'll just go this way then," You pointed the other direction. 

Neither of you moved. He looked at you with a confused look.

"Are you okay?" he asked. 

"Actually, I don't know what I'm doing. I ran away from home and I have no idea where to go." you explained.  

"I see. Well, it's alright if you stay with me for a bit. I don't mind."

"Really? You mean it?" 

He nodded. "That's fine, as long as you don't mind me making Thneeds."

"I don't mind."

"Great! Now, let's get moving. Come on, Melvin!" 

You put your stuff in the back of his wagon and hopped on next to him. He could be a serial killer, but who cares he's cute right. 

      ~This took me a while but I did it. I am very proud of myself. I had to watch The Lorax for this, but it was worth it.