Part 6

Things to know:

e/c = eye color

Your eyes fluttered open to a passed out Once-ler cuddling you. You smiled and laid your head back down staring at the ceiling. You questioned last night. Why were you so attracted to this guy. You only met him the day before.

But then that smile. Those hands!! (I love hands so...) Of course you were attracted to him! He's gorgeous! Just what you need. But, you can't rush it again you met him yesterday.

You froze as you heard him stirring. He opened his eyes slowly. He looked at you and smiled. And then the realization hit him. You slept with him. Not like that but, it was close enough to blush at. You could see his face heat up.

He sat up real quickly, "Morning, y/n," He sat didnt dare look at you. Neither did you look at him.

"Good morning, Once-ler," you said. Your face began to heat up as well. "How did you sleep?" you asked. You tried to stop yourself from speaking, but that wasn't going to happen.

"I slept surprisingly well," he said surprised. He finally looked at you. His eyes were so pretty. Nothing compared to your e/c eyes.

"Oh, so you thought sleeping next to me would give you nightmares?" you said jokingly. You laughed but then quickly stopped noticing that Once-ler was not. You looked down at your legs.

"First of all, no I did not think that at all. Second of all, that was really cheesey," he said. He was right that was really cheesey. But, you just had to say it anyway.

"Yeah, ummm.....I'll go fix breakfast," you said. You got up and grabbed a pan out of the cabinet. You opened the cabinet to find a Sommee swan nesting in there. It honked at you. "What the..." you looked up and found all kinds of creatures sleeping and eating and nesting.

Once-ler got up and grabbed you just in time for a bird to swoop down where you were at. He let go of you and smiled.

"Sorry, but I didn't want you hurt," he said. You smiled and nodded. You were grateful for him doing that. You were enjoying the moment when you heard really ugly snoring coming from the partially wet mattress. You both looked over to see the Lorax sleeping heavily on the bed.

"Umm....what the actual fuck," you said. Once-ler turned to you surprised by the sudden vocabulary use, but then shrugged it off thinking it was funny.

"Alright, well I'm off to sell Thneeds," he said with a smirk knowing he's leaving you to deal with the Lorax.

"Wait! Don't leave here with-," but the door shut before you could finish.

You sighed and walked over to the mattress and grabbed the Lorax cautiously so that you didn't get any meatloaf germs on you. That suddenly triggered the Lorax. 

"Hey, hey. What the hell are you doin'," he said.

"I'm kicking you out," you said annoyed. The Lorax looked at you.

"Why? What did I do?" he's said.

"Exist," you said annoyed. You made your way to the door and opened it. You were getting ready to throw him out when you heard a vehicle arriving in the distance. You peek outside to see an RV looking van coming your way. You stepped outside, set the Lorax down, and the Once-ler joined you. The van stopped by the tent and the door opened. A large woman with a purple trench coat and hat. Once-ler's face lit up.

"Aunt Grizelda!" he exclaimed. You looked at the lady in confusion. 

"Okay first of all, where did you come from? Second of all, that's your aunt? Wow," you said the last bit quietly. Two teenage boys walked out of the RV and started playing catch with a Bar-ba-loot. 

"Umm...Bret that actually not a..... okay," Once-ler said. The other brother slapped Once-ler's arm causing him to hunch over. Just then, a skinnier woman stepped on the back of an old man to get out of the van. She walked over.

"Oncie, is that you?" she said. 

"Mom!" he said excitedly. She started ranting about how they knew he could make it and be successful, which you knew was not the case. She then stopped and looked at you. She took a long glance at you before saying, "Oncie, who is this? Is she your..." 

"No! No, she is not.... we're not....together," he said blushing. His face was as red as a tomato. Soon yours started to brighten. "Anyway, your here and you work for so yeah." They all walked away. As soon as they were gone you pulled Once-ler aside.

"I thought you said you didn't know if you were going to see her again," you said.

"Yeah well, I thought I could give her another chance since I was going to be selling more Thneeds than anticipated," he said sort of ashamed. You looked at his expression. You hesitated to do so, but you put your hand on his cheek and raised his head.

"Don't worry, If it makes you happy then that's okay. But, if she doesn't act right then I will do something about it, or you will. Okay?" you said firm but comforting. He nodded his head.

"I know, I know. I promise that I will be careful," he said. His face at the moment was so cute to you, you could barely keep your emotions in, but you managed. I guess in that case you needed to help him work. 

AN; Thank you so much for waiting for this part I was trying hard to come up with things to write. Please do not get on to me for not making things sooner I am having a hard time to find time to do this so yeah. I know it's summer but usually my summers are busy do I'm trying my best. Thank you for the support!!!!