38.

How could Elijah not get any feeling for Ava? she went home shortly after and she was drunk.

Elijah sighed when he saw Rosie hugging on the trees outside their home.

"Come on Rose," Elijah said trying to pull Rosie off the tree. He finally got her off after a few tries and she now hugged him.

She wrapped her legs around his waist and laughed loudly.

He took her to their bed and then she finally collapsed on the bed. He tried taking her jacket off but she stopped him.

"What are you doing?" Rosie asked trying very hard to stay awake even when intoxicated.

"I'm taking your jacket off" Elijah replied but Rosie pushed him away.

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" Rosie asked and Elijah chuckled.

"I'll have you know that I have a husband" Rosie stated and Elijah chuckled with visible blushed cheeks.

"I'll let it pass this one time because you're cute when your drunk" Elijah stated and got the jacket off Rosie.

He wrapped the blanket around her body and switched the lights off. After getting undressed, he got in the bed beside her.

He was about to go sleep when he heard silent cries from beside him.

Elijah switched the light back on and found Rosie crying.

"Why are you crying?" Elijah asked. Rosie got up and wrapped her legs around Elijah's waist.

She put her arms around his neck and laid her head on his shoulder.

"I saw an old person eating alone today" Rosie replied crying. Elijah sighed with relief and hugged Rosie.

The next morning Rosie felt like her head was going to explode. Elijah got her something to help with it and she wondered how terrible she was last night.

She hoped that she didn't tell Elijah about the Ava situation.

"Don't worry you weren't that bad except you cried all night and wouldn't get off me" Elijah said given Rosie water.

She laughed feeling beyond embarrassed. She kissed Elijah and thanked him for taking care of her.

"Why was I crying?" Rosie asked and she felt nervous. Had she been crying because of Ava?

"Because you saw an old person eating alone" Elijah replied. Rosie felt ridiculous but it's nothing new for her.

She was worried that their days together were limited and Ava was the reason for that. Rosie ran to the bathroom to vomit and then she brushed her teeth.

Elijah insisted that she stay home because she's no help at the office if she can't think straight. Rosie thought he was overreacting but she didn't argue.

Her dad came over shortly later and they sat at the dining room table.

"How's Elijah?" Israel asked.

"His fine dad" Rosie gave a blunt reply. She didn't like to give such answers but sometimes they slipped out.

She knew he was worried about her which was why she gave blunt replies. Rosie got up and made him something to eat.

She also gave a shopping list to a guard so he could buy her father food and store it in his house.

Rosie only gave a small once because she didn't know if her father was staying for long. She wished that he did stick around.

"Did you talk to your mother?" Israel asked and Rosie looked down at her hands. She hasn't called her mother in weeks because she didn't want to tell her about Elijah.

"Not yet" Rosie replied.

"You should" Israel replied. She knew her mother would get sad when Rosie didn't call. Her mother and father were polar opposites.

Her father loved affection and her mother didn't particularly hate it, she just wasn't fond of it.

Rosie, Zinnia, and Lily took after their mother in that department and Elm took after their dad.

"I will" Rosie replied. She sent her dad home and patiently waited for Elijah to come home She got a text message as she was about to make something to eat.

Text message:

Reporters found Elijah Blackwell and Ava Montgomery kissing at his company, sources say his girlfriend Rosie is devastated.

Spencer had sent a link to the shocking news. Rosie wished the reporters were mistaken but it was clear pictures of it happening.

She that Elijah had to have feelings for Ava. It was impossible not to. She felt her heart drop as the front door burst open.

Eliah ran inside dipping all his things and immediately pulling Rosie in for a hug.

"Rosie look I can explain, Ava kissed me but I pushed her away I swear" Elijah claimed and Rosie pulled away.

"I know" Rosie replied. She knew Elijah well enough to know that he would never do that to her even if he was forced.

After what Ava said in the restaurant about pursuing Elijah even after he rejected her was evidence enough.

She was taking Serena's advice about Elijah. She wasn't about to let Ava get away with it.

"You do?" Elijah asked and Rosie nodded her head. He let out a sigh of relief before hugging Rosie again.

"I rejected her the other day and I should have told you"

"I have something to tell you too" Rosie explained her whole restaurant incident with Elijah making sure not to leave out anything.

Rosie laughed at the news outlet that said she was devastated when she only just found out.

"She's crazy," Elijah said and that was something they could agree on. She really didn't know any boundaries.

She hoped that Elijah didn't go soft on Ava for her benefit because Ava didn't deserve it.

As a woman, Rosie wondered if Ava felt any shame. She wondered how Talia would be reacting to the news. Would she laugh? probably Rosie thought.

"What are you going to do?" Rosie asked.

"I don't know, pretty sure my mother is furious and she really doesn't like it when people hurt her daughter in law" Elijah replied.

She smiled widely at that sentence, she really loved Amelia, who wouldn't?

Forever Tied.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara