44.

He looked around the room to see all eyes were on them "It's just a misunderstanding" he replied.

Rocco walked away and the girls followed Rosie. Elijah left to go find Rocco and Anne got the first aid kit.

"Why'd you hit him?" Serena asked laughing at Rosie's hand. Rosie let out a deep breath before turning her attention to Serena.

"Seven years ago, there was a book that rated girls in our grade and Rocco was part of it, turns out he only befriended me back then was because he wanted to get inside my pants to rate me," Rosie told the girls and Serena's smile disappeared.

"Were we apart of it?" Cora asked Rosie nodded her head.

She wished that it was untrue but it was very much real.

"I can't believe Rocco," Spencer said looking sad. Serena hadn't said a word since she found out that Rocco rated Rosie.

"I'm gonna kill him" Serena whispered before storming out of the room.

Cora sighed and ran after Serena before she got arrested for aggravated assault and murder.

It was time for the father-daughter dance and Israel danced with Rosie.

She wasn't going to let Rocco ruin her wedding over some book.

What irked Rosie was that he never apologized, instead he wanted to come up with reasons to prove that he wasn't that bad of a guy.

Elijah showed up a while later with bruises on his jawline.

"What happened?" Rosie asked touching the bruised spots on his jawline. Elijah just led her to the dancefloor and danced with her.

"Don't worry, Rocco looks way worse thanks to Serena" Elijah stated and Rosie sighed. She had a feeling Elijah may had been caught in the crossfire.

She knew that earlier wasn't the best time to tell them about Rocco especially Serena.

They were all slightly buzzed or straight-up drunk. She turned her attention to Talia and Ava who seemed to be arguing heavily.

She sent Elijah to escalate the situation and Zinnia came to Rosie's side.

"I've been thinking and I want the ps5 please sister" Zinnia demanded and Rosie turned to him.

"You're fourteen, go explore the outside world," Rosie said and Zinnia rolled his eyes. He thought what she said was ridiculous.

"Why would I need to do that when I can access it all from the comfort of my bed," Zinnia said and Rosie laughed.

"It's not the same and you know it"

"Elijah would buy me it"

"Elijah won't buy you anything unless I say yes" Rosie replied.

What she said was morally true and she had a feeling that this wasn't the last family member asking for something whether it be money or an item.

"So say yes," Zinnia said and Rosie left a big kiss on his cheek which he hated.

She walked over to Elm who was sitting beside Bailey. She pulled him aside from everyone so they couldn't hear.

"You're using again," Rosie said examining Elm's face and teeth. He pushed her hands away in anger.

"Lay off my back, will you? it was just one time" Elm said.

"Yeah until it becomes one last time every day" Rosies stated. She knew that if she wasn't there to boss him around then no one else will.

"Look I'm a grown man and your big brother, you don't have the authority to boss me around," Elm said.

Rosie's eyes narrowed, the last thing she wanted was another fight especially with family nonetheless.

"I'm not bossing you around, I'm helping you"

"I don't want your help," Elm replied stalking off. The after-party is not going as well as Rosie hoped.

All she wanted to do was sleep, she felt exhausted from getting ready and running around all day.

She went back to the party and put a fake smile on her face before dancing with someone she didn't recognize.

Later, Elijah and Rosie finally left to go home. Their flight to Paris was in two weeks for their honeymoon.

When Rosie got home, she took off all her clothes as Elijah and she was going to get very dirty in a few minutes but when Elijah came upstairs, he found Rosie sound asleep naked in bed.

He laughed and covered her with a blanket before kissing her on her head.

He walked downstairs to find a letter on the dining room table from his mother. Knox had hand-written the letter to Elijah after getting out of surgery.

The letter reads:

Dear Elijah.

If you're reading this then that means you must be married congratulations and if it's with Rosie, that girl you used to talk about all the time then that's fantastic. Listen son, there are some things in this world that I wish I could change but I can't. Don't be sad that I'm gone, I'll still be there when you graduate, get married, and have kids just not in the flesh. My best piece of advice is to go with the motions and don't stay on the sidelines. I hope you learned to control that anger and that you didn't make your mother go nuts. I also wanted to thank you for getting me justice with that cop because I know my son and he would do anything for his old man. Also if you ever find yourself in the position of arguing with your wife, just say sorry and admit you're wrong. Trust me, I learned the hard way from your mother. Please tell your mother that I love her and I love you.

Love, dad.

Elijah closed the letter and smiled. This letter was exactly what he needed right now.

He wished he could see his father one more time but that would never happen. He couldn't have asked for a better father.

Elijah put his sentimental thoughts aside and laid down next to Rosie. Eventually, she adapted, and her whole body was on top of Elijah as usual.

She did it so often that Elijah didn't mind anymore and he went right to sleep.