back again

@chelseawfc

liked by mbrighty04, erincuthbert_ and 21,687 others @chelseawfc  Guess who's back, Back again

@chelseawfc  Guess who's back, Back again. Chelsea are delighted to welcome back forward Evangeline Blair from her short loan spell at Real Madrid. 💙

@mbrighty04 Evan!! welcome back my girl 💙
@erincuthbert_ biggest blue i know 💙
@bethanyengland4 My best friend back in London 💙💙 proud of you!
@barclayswsl  Tell a friend to tell a friend, she's back!
@evanblair_ thanks for having me back 💙

view all 567 comments
———

"First day back how does it feel?" Bethany asked wrapping her arm around my shoulders pulling me into her.

"It feels cold and wet and just like I never left." I smile.

For those unaware, I am Evangeline Blair, Chelsea and England forward and have just come back from loan at Real Madrid, which was amazing don't get me wrong but it wasn't home in the slightest.

"Find any cute spanish girls when you were there?" Erin asks jumping onto my back as we walk out to the training pitch.

"oh wouldn't you love to know Cuthbert." I laughed.

I'd spent the 20/21 season at Real Madrid, wanting to come back to England for this season before the Euros, wanting to prove I deserve to be on the squad. With Chelsea winning the wsl last season, I was hoping we could do the same this season with me here.

"Evan!." Sam Kerr ran over picking me up and throwing me over her shoulder causing us to both tumble to the ground.

"Careful! I want no injuries this season." Emma yells.

"How have you been, how was Spain?" Sam questions.

"Yeah it was good, a good experience. Hot though, you'd like it but not for me." I laughed.

"Good to have you back missy." Millie says giving me a squeeze.

Training was tough, tougher than I remembered, but this is what I wanted. I wanted to be back with the best and my lifelong friends.

Settling back into the same apartment block as I had left just a year earlier was easy enough, Erin, Bethany and Guro coming round helping unpack and build the last of the furniture.

"So what really brought you back here." Bethany questions.

"What, can't a girl just miss her friends?"

"She can, but she also always wanted to play in Spain." Erin adds.

"I got quite homesick after a few months, the girls were amazing don't get me wrong, and they helped millions but most days I just thought about what was happening back in London." I admitted.