call leah

Another win for Chelsea meant going into the christmas break on top of the table, having won 3-2 on sunday, Leah also won her match against villa 4-1, she only played the last half an hour but I let her know how proud I always am.

This week was back to champions league, and we would play PSG, while Leah would play Zurich.

I stayed at hers on monday after recovery, where we cuddled up on the couch with hot chocolate watching christmas films, but now it was all back to business with chelsea having one training session left before the thursday night game.

I woke up this morning feeling worse for wear, all disoriented and woozy. Blaming my iron levels I took two pills just to be safe and had breakfast on facetime to Leah, arsenals game was on wednesday, so i'd at least be able to watch it.

Now I had just pulled up at cobham, getting out of Sam's car, I had spilled everything to her the next training session after Leah had asked me to be her girlfriend. Sam was more than happy for me.

"You alright Ev." Millie smiled as we walked into the training ground.

"I'm okay Mills." I smiled back.

"How's lover girl?" Mill laughed.

"She's good too."

We started off in the gym, doing some cardio, I could tell this was going to be a long day. Bethany and I chatted as we spotted each other on weights, she finally had a new club and although it wouldn't be my first choice, she'll definitely get game time there.

It was the second time I dropped a weight when Beth suggested I take a break from them.

I joined Millie and Fran on the treadmills, who were jogging along. I just took it easy until I didn't feel as dizzy, then catching up to Millie's pace. It wasn't long until the wave of nausea hit me again and I stopped, nearly falling off the end of the treadmill if Sam hadn't been at the end waiting to catch me.

"Right Evan what's going on?" Sam asked. "You're not yourself at all."

"I'm okay Sammy I swear, i'm just tired." I huffed standing up.

"I don't think your girlfriend would like to hear that." Sam said.

"You wouldn't." I told her.

"I could, especially because it looked like you were on the brink of passing out." Sam whispered.

"I'm. Fine."

This really wasn't the time to be getting ill, so I took two paracetamol as a precaution and walked back into the gym. I did some work on the bike, because technically I was sitting down and couldn't really fall over so that was the best choice.

I perked up as we walked outside onto the pitches to play some matches. The girls were all buzzing about christmas, that being the topic of conversation, Erin was going back to Scotland the day after the game, Sam flying straight to Australia, it was nice hearing how excited everyone was.

I didn't have any plans, usually i'd go on holiday over christmas, give me something else to thing about rather than family dinners and family parties, but I had nothing booked this year.

Emma split us into four teams, I wasn't playing the first game so just sat on the sidelines staring into space.

"Evan are you okay?" Emma asked.

"I think so yeah, just distracted sorry." I told her.

"Right well you're up." She clapped her hands together.

Again during the match, I couldn't string two passes together, nor get any shots on target. I was surprised that Emma hadn't already picked up on it and said something. I know that Sam and Millie we're looking at me funny, but I wasn't going to stop playing just because my head hurt a little bit that just wasn't who I am.