we made it

Landing back in London a day later, I went straight to my flat and unpacked, took a quick nap and asked the usual girls, Bethany, Millie, Erin, Sam and Guro if they wanted to come over.

"Oh look the traitor is home." Erin jokes.

"Shush you, I know you missed me." I said jumping on the sofa next to her.

"It looked lovely, but tell us the drama." Guro said.

"Drama? what do you mean it was fine." I lied.

"Evan you invited the four of us over on a thursday afternoon, clearly something is up." Sam explained.

"Okay well maybe something did happen on the holiday." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh my god you're hooking up with an Arsenal player." Erin yelled.

"Ew no Erin, it's actually quite the opposite of that." I shoved her.

"What happened?" Millie asked.

"You know about the whole Williamson situation, how we've just never seen eye to eye" They nodded. "Well she sorta got me out of an awkward situation in a club and then as soon as I brought it back up that night she basically told me it was my own fault, and so I told her to never fucking speak to me again."

"So what you guys were civil before that?" Bethany asked.

"Sorta, like she slept on my bed and bought me my favourite drink" I half smiled at the memory. "Which she only knew because of you Mills so never speak of me around her again" I laughed.

"That doesn't really sound like Leah but I guess maybe she just had too much to drink." Millie told us.

"Enough about her anyway, so did you meet anyone nice." Erin smiled.

"No no, we just stayed as a group most of the time. We need to go on holiday together soon please." I told them.

"After the Euros Evan. I'm sure we could use one." Bethany said.

"Yeah Erin will definitely need one after her busy summer." I joked.

"Oi you." She shoved me.

"Speaking of, you know you guys will have to speak and see each other if you're both in the Euros squad, which you will be." Millie says.

Shit, I hadn't even thought about that.

"Well i'll just have to avoid speaking to her as best as I can." I decided.

"I'd pay to be a fly on the wall." Erin laughed.

"Shut up you. Now someone get a menu up i'm starving." I said.

——

@mbrighty04