001

You can only let someone stare at you for so long before you loose your patience.

"Take a picture it will last longer."

The little girl jumped slightly at the sudden conversation. She mumbles, "sorry."

"Esmeralda, stop scaring the newcomers."

She looked up towards the sound of Luke Castellan's voice. An older boy, and a son of Hermes. He had sandy blonde hair, blue eyes, and the beef lock picking skills you've ever seen.

He chuckled, patting the little girl on the back. "It's ok, she's just a bit bitchy in the morning." He says offering a friendly smile.

"Or maybe I just don't like being stared at for five minutes." Esmeralda turned her head to the clock.

The little girl scurried off to her sleeping bag that occupied to corner of the room. The Hermes cabin has become quite full of them since they occupied all of the undetermined campers. Esmeralda on the other hand had acquired her own bunk after a while, since there was no place for her at camp.

"Lighten up a little, Em. You've been terrorizing people all week." Luke sat across from her on the bunk bed.

"I have not." She protested, "I'm just not in the mood."

"You're adding to your bad reputation."  He smiled, stifling a laugh.

"Am I though, people are all ready scared of me. I don't think it makes much of a different how I act." She swung her legs over the side of the bed to stand.

"I'm not scared of you," Luke swung his arm at her playfully. "Where ya going?"

"To see my brother." The brunette girl turned on her heals dodging his arm.

Esmeralda walked over to the door, hopping over sleeping bags in the process. When she reached the door someone had already flung it open, nearly hitting her in the nose. She would have snapped if she hadn't seen the mass of blonde curls standing in the door frame.

"Woah Annabeth, break my nose why don't you?" Esmeralda brought a hand to her nose.

"Maybe don't stand behind the door, Em." She commented back. "He's awake." She huffed.

At those two words Em's day got a whole lot better. "Well what are we standing here for, come on!" She grabbed Annabeth's hand and pulled her outside and towards the infirmary. A few days ago a new camper had been brought to camp by their friend Grover, however he fainted after fighting off a Minotaur. How he survived? No clue. But Esmeralda had been dying to get a look at him since Grover told her about the boy.

The infirmary was packed like usual, but it was quite easy to pick out Chiron's horse like figure in the crowd. The two girls pushed past people till they reached a cot accompanied by Grover and Will Solace. The boy laying on the bed looked winded. His black hair lay disheveled around his face, and his teal green eyes were wondering around the room helplessly.

Chiron was the camp's activities director. He trained many hero's in the past, and was sort of like a father figure to some of the campers. "Girl's this is Percy. I trust you will make him feel welcomed here at camp. We will discuss this further at the big house, but for now, see that he makes it out of this bed ok." He said. Both girls nodded before Chiron waltzed off.

Percy began to stir, "Wha-"

Grover was first to speak, "Hey man."

Percy turned to him, he took one look at Grover's legs and almost fainted again. He sat up quickly, "No, no, no, no, no, no." He mumbled looking around frantically.