026

"I got nobody!" Polyphemus exclaimed as he held his fist up. He shook it around like a baby rattle until Annabeth's navy blue cap fluttered to the ground. "Ha! Pesky girl. Too bad I've already got a bride, you'll just have to be served with mango chutney."

Annabeth looked dazed, she had a nasty cut on her forehead and her eyes were glassy.

"I'll rush him." Said Percy, "then you-"

"No way." Said Grover.

"Yeah no way," Clarisse agreed, "we'll take him together."

Percy nodded, "Em?" He turned to look at her.

The girl nodded, "on your call." She said, her sword already in hand.

He was glad to have her by his side. Percy uncapped riptide and looked to the others, "attack plan Macedonia."

They nodded in agreement before Percy stepped forward raising his sword. "He ugly!" He shouted.

Polyphemus turned, "huh, another one?"

"Put my friend down! I'm the one who insulted you!"

"You're nobody?"

"That's right you smelly bucket of nose droll." The insult didn't sound as cool out loud as it did in his mind. "Now put her down so I can stab your eye out again."

"Rahhh!" Polyphemus dropped Annabeth, unfortunately he dropped her directly onto a pile of rocks.

"Grover get Annabeth!" Percy shouted.

That satyr waisted no time scooping up her baseball cap and rushing to her aid.

Polyphemus charged Percy, while the dumb cyclops was focused on Percy, to two girls advanced at his sides. Clarisse had somehow managed to stab him in the foot and rolled out of the way before getting trampled. Esme jabbed her sword into his foot, quickly pulling it out before he could kick her away. And Percy continued to cut at his ankles, trying to avoid getting stepped on.

They could only continue this for so long, eventually they would get tired. Esme rolled as the giant tried to grab at her. She stabbed him in the thigh hopping he'd disintegrate, unfortunately he was too powerful to be taken down by a little sword wound. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Grover carrying Annabeth across the bridge towards the sheep. Didn't seem like a great choice but it was the better of the two.

"Retreat!" Clarisse yelled.

They followed her order and ran after Grover, Polyphemus close behind them.

"Grover, get Annabeth's knife!" Percy yelled.

Grover's eyes widened as he saw them being chased. However, thankfully he understood and started using Annabeth's knife to cut the ropes. They were almost across when the first one snapped. The giant behind them made it hard as he shook the bridge back and forth. Just as the second rope snapped the three demigods dove for the ground and Polyphemus howled.

He was standing right next to them.

"Failed! Nobody failed!" He chanted, pumping his fists in the air.-

Em scrambled for her sword, unfortunately Polyphemus was faster. With one swipe he snatched her off the ground. "Ahhhh!" She screamed as he lifted her into the air.

Polyphemus laughed, "now I get to eat all of you pathetic mortals."

Percy couldn't think straight, all he saw was red. He stared at Polyphemus, his breath growing heavier as his grip on riptide tightened.

"Let me go!" Esmeralda screamed, kicking and thrashing like a child.

"Ugh, humans." He opened his mouth but before he could eat anyone he was knocked off his balance, dropping Esme in the process.