020

It took a lot of convincing to get Tyson to come out of the closet.

...Not like that...

But literally, he wanted nothing to do with what Luke was planning. Percy had to keep reminding him that Esmeralda needed their help, and Tyson would mumble: "She is pretty." At the mention of Em.

Finally, they managed to get him to come along. They stopped by where they had spent the night first. Gathering all their things figuring this would be the first and last time they slept aboard the ship. Percy grabbed Ems sword, he'd almost dropped it when he realized how cold it was. He wondered if that was a Hades thing because it never seemed to bother Esme.

The group didn't need the ships maps in order to find their way around. They could practically sense the darkness that flooded the hallways, like something evil guiding them towards their death. Esmeralda's sword grew heavier in Percy's hand. As if the weapon could sense the presence of its owner getting closer.

They reached another set of double doors, these ones much fancier, hinting that something important was on the other side. They stopped about fifteen feet away before Tyson spoke: "Voices inside." And he pointed to the door.

"You can hear that?" Percy asked, they were a good distance away from the doors. Neither him nor Annabeth could hear inside the room.

Before they knew it, Tyson had closed his eyes and focused on the voices around him. His voice altered from his, to a deeper tone. " -the prophecy. Soon they won't know which side to choose." Luke said through Tyson.

"How-" Annabeth mumbled.

Tyson's voice shifted again, become higher pitched and more feminine. "You'll never get away with this, it won't work!"

"Esme," Percy figured, she sounded like she was struggling against someone.

His voice changed back to Luke's, "please," he scoffed, "it's only a matter of minutes before you change your mind."

"He's trying to recruit her." Annabeth said.

"Fuck yo-" Em tried to yell but she was cut short by Luke.

"Shhh- really? Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah," a deeper voice said. "Right out there."

Moments too late, Annabeth realized what was happening.

"Take care of her." Luke said through Tyson.

"Tyson shhh." Annabeth panicked

Before the words run could escape Percy's mouth. The double doors swung open revealing the son of Hermes guarded by two hairy beasts armed with javelins, pointing the sharp bronze tips towards the two demigods.

"Well, if it isn't my other favorite cousins." He smiled, "please, come in."

The three entered the grand room skeptically, it was beautiful. However the dark energy radiating around the room was throwing off the vibe. To a regular mortal the room was pleasant, large windows lined the back along with freshly polished white floors. Expensive furniture placed around the room, and a coffee table covered with sodas, pizza boxes, chips and sandwiches. Now to a demigod this might look ok, but the large golden casket displayed on a velvet table was enough to make their blood run cold. That and well... the unconscious girl and tied to a chair with a bloody face and a rag shoved in her mouth.

"Esme-!" Percy tried to run to her but before he could get even a step in one of Luke's hairy goons pointed their spear tip towards his chest.

"Woah there cuz," Luke chucked. "Slow your roll. I was just catching up with my favorite cousin, ya know. Having a nice chat, just a little one-on-one."