033

Hey it's me! So I just wanted to say this here cause ik some of yall don't read the author notes.... but basically I wanted to say that ik my time line is messed up bc I did Esme's birthday before I started TTC, and technically it wouldn't have happened yet. So if things are confusing just know that I'm aware and just ignore it. Thanks loves!
★★★

Camp Half Blood in the winter was one of Esmeralda's favorite sights. Snow had gently graced the tops of cabins, the stables and big house, and left frosty tips on the grass and trees. The cabins were decorated with tiny balls of light, sort of like Christmas lights, except they were a bit larger and seemed to be actual balls of fire. Esme loved Christmas, no matter how cold it was outside she always felt warm and fuzzy around the holiday season. However right now she felt queasy and dizzy, and it took everything in her not to dry heave into the nearest bush after that bumpy landing.

Esme felt something tug at her sweater, she looked down to see Nico. "Are you ok Em?" He asked her.

She nodded, "I'm fine." She took a deep breath of fresh air, trying to regain her senses. "Welcome to Camp Half Blood."

Nico looked around, taking it all in. "Woah is that a climbing wall."

"Mhm,"

"Whys there lava pouring down it?"

"For shits and giggles,"

"Can you climb it?"

"Yeah, took me a while to get to the top. And a few burns, but I mastered it eventually. Come on, let's introduce you to Chiron."

"I'll come too," Percy said hastily, ignoring Em's glare. "Zoe you've met Chi-"

"-I know Chiron, let him know we will be in Cabin eight. Hunters follow me."

"Oh! I'll show you the way!" Grover said eagerly.

"We know the way."

"No really, it's no problem. And you never know you might-" Grover tripped over a canoe, still muttering and yapping. When he finally got back up he was at the end of his rant. "-like my old daddy goat used to say, come on!"

Zoe rolled her eyes, but there was obviously no getting rid of Grover. The boy practically had pulsating hearts in his eyes as he lead the hunters away towards the Artemis Cabin. Esmeralda watched as Bianca leaned over and mumble something to her brother. However Nico only scowled and turned his back towards her.

"Take care sweethearts," Apollo waved goodbye, then turned to Esme and Percy. "Watch out for those prophecies you two. And uh, you watch out for this one." He looked at Percy, pointing at a grumpy Esme. "She's got a murderous glint in her eyes."

Percy couldn't deny that, and he couldn't blame Esme for wanting to light him on fire. He just hoped she didn't...

Apollo flashed one more wicked smile before climbing back in his sun bus. He took off in a blaze of heat, blinding them with light. When it was finally clear to see again they found the red Maserati soaring away over the forest.

"Who's Chiron? I don't have his figurine." Asked Nico.

"He's our activities director." Percy said, "he's well... you'll see."

Camp half blood was practically empty. Only a few year rounders were present since demigods really only trained during the summer. As they walked towards the big house, Travis and Connor could be seen picking a lock to the camp store. Ares kids throwing snowballs at each other. And Charles Beckendorf in the forge welding and tinkering as always.