015

Esmeralda tried to hastily explain as much as she could to Annabeth. She was left talking to just the blonde after Percy ran off the his cabin to change out of his burnt clothes. From what Annabeth told her, he'd apparently played dodge ball with fire. Em didn't ask further questions, she didn't want to know.

Tyson followed them around keeping a safe distance, partly because neither girls let him get close to them. He pointed to random things as they walked asking: "whas dat?". He'd taken interest in the stables, the armory, and the big house where they were heading.

They walked up the steps to the porch where Chiron was waiting for them. Esmeralda felt a wave of sadness wash over her. She couldn't believe that after eons of training young hero's, the gods were just going to dismiss him without any proof.

"Pony!" Tyson gleamed and pointed to Chiron.

"I beg your pardon?" Chiron looked at Tyson doubtfully.

"Is it true?" Annabeth asked without hesitation. They hadn't even sat down yet and the girl was already drilling him with questions.

"Now Annabeth-"

"They can't just fire you, you've been teaching and training for years!" The blonde rambled

Chiron looked at Esmeralda, "Would you mind getting Percy for us, Esmeralda?" She knew he needed to explain everything to both Annabeth and Percy, so she nodded and walked off the the Poseidon cabin. The door to cabin three was slightly ajar when she arrived.

She knocked on it to be polite, "Percy? It's Em." When she was met with no response she pushed the door open. She walked in closing the door behind her. "Percy Chiron wants you at the big hou-"

The son of Poseidon turned abruptly, his shirt was absent, a clean one resting in his hands.

"-oh, sorry." She covered her eyes and turned around, slightly flustered from the sight of him shirtless.

Percy laughed lightly and pulled the clean camp shirt over his head. "You can turn around now." He said still smiling.

She slowly turned, her hands still covering her eyes. Percy laughed and reached out to move her hands from her face. "Relax Em,"

She looked down, "uh, Chiron wants you at the big house." She mumbled.

He smirked and bent down to look at her face, "are you blushing?"

"No," she answered a little quickly. "It's just hot, now let's go."

"Yes ma'am," he mumbled from behind her.

"I heard that."

"I don't doubt it."

Em rolled her eyes pulling open the door, Percy was about to follow her out when she closed it in his face. By the time the boy caught up with her again she was already walking up the steps to the big house.

"Percy, how nice of you to join us." Chiron said.

"Sorry, I would've came sooner but my door was stuck." He looked at Esmeralda but said nothing. She smiled a tad before moving to stand against the porch railing. "Is it all true, are you really leaving?" Percy asked.

Annabeth sniffled and moved towards Em, Chiron must have explained everything to her because so looked ready to cry.

"Yes, Percy. Unfortunately someone had to take the blame for the situation. Zeus was quite enraged to find out that someone had poisoned the spirit of his daughter."