A/N: Dylan's fate (HUGE SPOILERS FOR NEXT CHAPTER)

Heyo.

I know I haven't updated in a looooooong time—or even touched this app to be completely honest with you—but I just wanted to let y'all know that I am currently taking a bit of a break from writing rn.

There's a few reasons for this:

One is that I have three part time jobs and they take up most of my time;

Two is that I've had a severe case of writers block/procrastination for literally MONTHS now, I can't come up with my own ideas anymore, my writings are either altered, ripped-off tv or movie scenes or simply just garbage so there's that;

Three is the fact that I wanted of Stranger Things a little bit and I think that's mostly due to my current obsession with specifically Thai Bl's lately;

Four is that Dylan's story, as well as Dylan himself is INCREDIBLY TAXING TO WRITE—writing this story takes up a lot of time and energy because I'm detail oriented to a fault and things need to be explained very specifically when it comes to describing the way Dylan works;

And finally, five:

I'm rewriting these stories.

Of course the old versions will still be kept up, but I realized that I am not at all satisfied with how I portrayed Dylan in this series and realized that I'd strayed away from my original idea of him far too much. So far I've only started rewriting the first book and there's a few added and taken away scenes that I hope you guys will like (and hope to the lord that it won't make my chapters too much longer), but when I'm done with the first one, I plan to publish it immediately. It's something I'm really passionate about so it's taken up most of my time and that would also explain the lack of updates. Even so, I do hope you all would consider checking it out, even if most of it might be the same.

Here's a few fun facts about the rewritten version:
• Dylan is going to be a looooooot more callous. And possibly, a bit more dense.
• Both Billy and Dylan are trilingual and use each of the three languages (English, Bulgarian, Irish Gaelic) numerous times throughout the book.
• More exploration of the extent of Dylan's powers will be added and explained.
• Y'all are about to hate Neil A LOOOOOOOOT more in this version. Like, severely, he is honest to god horrible in this one.
• Many changes about Billy's character will be added. He's going to be significantly different from TV version Billy. He's still temperamental, still a dick, but he's a lot more understanding, rational, and a bit kinder in this one due to Dylan's existence (make no mistake: if Dylan wasn't Billy's brother in the book, I probably would've changed fuck all about Billy's character).
• Billy and Dylan are murderers pre-Hawkins time and it's basically all Neil's fault.
• The Billy vs Steve scene shall be no more (sorry I know how much people like it but I thought back on it and there was no way Billy would actually ever allow himself to be that angry if Dylan was in the room because he knows he has a hard time controlling his actions when pissed off and he doesn't want to hurt him—also, in retrospect, that one headbutt that Billy delivered to Steve probably would've killed my homeboy dead because Billy doesn't have a good grasp on his strength when angry and probably would've shattered his skull. Also because):
•Harringrove's story starts in book one now instead of book two :)
• There may or may not be a scene where Hopper punches the daylights out of Neil
• There's a good chance that shitstain mentioned above will not make it to Season 3 (except in the flashbacks—but I'm telling you guys, Neil is FOUL in the rewritten version).
• Dylan and Billy's mother is dead (*cough* murdered). So there's that. She dies (*cough* *cough* gets killed) after she abandons them with the raging piece of shit known as Neil.

Side fact: I Deadass lowkey considered rewriting the whole book as a Dustin/Dylan book because of a few scenes I've written (also because I love Dustin dearly and so does Dylan), but thought against it literally only because there would be no plot in Season 3 if Dylan and Dustin were together considering they would've cracked the code far faster with Dylan's help and probably wouldn't even need to include Robin at all—also, when they break into the Russian base, Dylan definitely would not leave any survivors if one of the Russian soldiers are stupid enough to train their gun on Dustin. So yeah. Half of season three wouldn't be. Better stick with Mylan.