𝑪𝒉. 6 | 𝑬 𝑷𝒍𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒃𝒖𝒔 𝑼𝒏𝒖𝒎

Hey guys! Back with a new chapter, sorry it's kinda short. Dylan's outfit above!

———————

The monster's roar rang vicariously through Dylan's eardrums, damn near deafening in its volume.

To save his hearing, Dylan tried to focus on something else, but there wasn't much else to focus on; nothing that wasn't perilous that was. His Sense was already bombarded by the feelings of horror and dread coming off of the Wheeler siblings and Jonathan and all that combined with his own wasn't very fun. The monster itself also wasn't doing anything but encouraging the queasiness in his stomach, much to his annoyance. He'd need to throw up soon, no doubt.

But first, he had to stop this flesh spider thing from eating Nancy.

"Shit," the woman muttered, eyes widened in dismal. It was facing her, so it was currently ignoring the three males behind it—also, the monster was made up of the flayed that was after her to begin with, so Dylan surmised that to be an additional factor itself.

"NANCY!!!" Both Jonathan and Mike hollered, Mike's heartbeat starting to skyrocket as the thing started to approach his sister. "RUN!!!" Jonathan yelled to her and the woman didn't have to be told twice. She started for the door behind her, but something seemed to be keeping her from opening it properly.

Nancy grunted, trying desperately to push open the door as the monster started to come closer, Luckily for all of them, its height made it slightly clumsy and less transferable through the tight halls. It knocks dover a nearby ladder, giving Nancy a few extra moments to struggle with the door. But that ladder wouldn't hold it off for long. They needed that door to open quick.

"HEY!" Jonathan called, waving his arms to get the monster's attention, to no desired result. It seemed to be dead set on going after Nancy. Jonathan limped over to what seemed to be one of those things that patients wheeled around when they had an IV bag. He grabbed the pole, struggling to disconnect it from the wheel part.

"Come on!" The man grunted angrily, but it was no use. He was still weak from his encounter with Tom and Bruce from before.

Mike gasped, grabbing Dylan's arm tightly and Dylan followed his gaze to see that the monster had successfully maneuvered around the ladder and was heading toward Nancy, who still couldn't get the door open. HIs eyes widened and he gazed back at Jonathan, who was continuing to struggle. There was no way he get that pole in time.

So Dylan did it.

He sped over to Jonathan, giving him a reassuring look. "I got this," he murmured and with a singular yank, managed to retrieve the pole from its base.

He turned around. The monster was nearing Nancy, who as now whimpering as it started to close in. Just before the spider thing could lunge at her, Dylan jumped it. He flew 15ft through the air, pole held high above his head. The second his feet touched the monster's back, he brought the pole down with harsh speed and strength that sent it right through what he supposed was the monster's head.

The thing screeched loudly, writhing around viciously. Dylan struggled to hold on (the thing was, of course, slippery) and he gave a frantic look towards Nancy, who was gazing at the metal wedged through its mouth with a stupefied expression.

"Go! Hurry!!" He yelled, groaning as the monster sent it body into the wall and additionally, his as well.

Nancy shoved her whole body against there door twice before she managed to move it open enough to slip through—just in time too; the monster seemed to have melted part of its head, letting the pole sink through and clatter to the ground. Dylan barely had time to feel disgusted by it before the thing shook him off, using one of its spider like legs to send him flying into the wall.