𝑪𝒉. 2 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝑹𝒂𝒕𝒔 (𝒑𝒕. 𝒊)

Hello! I'm back! Here comes hell, lol. You're gonna be pretty pissed at me for what I'm about to do but if it's any consolation, you're gonna be more mad at Mike. :)

Anyways, enjoy!

———————

The first thing Dylan did when he saw his brother the next morning was ask him why in the fucking hell he'd come back at 4AM in the goddamn morning (if you were wondering why Dylan himself wasn't up at this time, it was because he was a lift sleeper because of his sense and he'd heard the door close).

That was late—even for Billy's standards—and Dylan wanted to know what the fuck he and Steve had been doing in order for him to come back so early in the morning.

And then, after pondering, he decided maybe not, with some slight disgust stirring in his gut, and asked him his second question:

Why he'd lied to him and Mike.

Yes he knew—but it wasn't because he sensed it.

It was because of what he hadn't sensed.

He knew Billy had turned his Sense off—and kn the past that only meant one thing; that he was trying to hide something from his brother. Whether it was his location, what he was feeling, or what he was doing—it didn't matter, it all meant the same thing; he didn't want him knowing.

So obviously Dylan and caught on eventually and knew that Billy was lying instantly. Annoyed and curious as to why he'd do such a thing, he confronted him about it.

Only here was the thing; Billy hadn't answered that either.

At first Dylan and assumed it was because he simply didn't want to; after all, the anger in his voice was clear as day and he knew his brother would rather not deal with that—but that didn't stop him from inquiring more anyways.

He'd shouted (well, whisper shouted) at him; told him off, said angrily that he had absolutely no right to intrude on his and Mike's relationship; demanded to know why he lied

All while Billy hobbled last him.

And it was at this moment when he'd actually noticed the hobbling and that's piled up his worry.

But Billy wouldn't reply to his questions—in fact all he did was close the door on him and.....weirdly enough.....open his window.

Dylan hadn't a clue why—Billy hated the window open while he slept. It was because, thanks to the Sense, he could hear everything outside in high quality.

Of course, that's when he realized that Billy still had his Sense off.

Which confused Dylan because Billy had nothing to hide anymore.... right?

He was worried; maybe something happened with Steve..... But at the time he was also tired too—he decided to wave it off and go to bed, hoping that he'd be able to confront at least Steve or Billy about it sometime tomorrow.

Also, he didn't worry to much about the Mike thing—he was sure that Mike wouldn't actually buy into Billy's threats or whatnot and realize that they were all empty-loaded. After all, Billy had made a promise to him and Max; and Billy wasn't known for breaking his promises.

So surely a genius like his boyfriend would be able to see that.

•••••••

As it would turn out, he wouldn't.

Dylan looked out his window and sighed. 9:32—Mike was supposed to be here at 9:00. Was he honestly scared of Billy that much?