𝑪𝒉. 7 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒊𝒕𝒆

Heyo! Back with a brand new chapter! Hope y'all enjoy! (Pics of his knives above)

Also, RIP Chadwick Boseman. His death was a devastating blow and his influence and excellence will be missed in this world :(

God, it still hurts to think about....

———————

"He said he was building something," El said nervously, looking around at everyone. "That it was all for me."

Everyone huddled around her as she explained what Billy had told her in the void. Most of the kids were sitting on the ground, saving the couch for Mike and an unconscious Dylan, who lying across it. He had his head laid down in Mike's lap and the ravenette boy was absently caressing his brown locks with his fingers to calm his nerves.

Max frowned. "Building something...." she mused, looking over to where Jonathan and Nancy were standing. "Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be," Nancy agreed, pursing her lips.

"So he's building an army just like we thought," Lucas said as he paced back and forth behind the couch.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread," Mike said factually.

"He's building it to stop Eleven," Will piped up, looking at the shaken girl who was leaning into his side.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him," Mike said, "I have a feeling that really pissed him off."

"Like, royally," Lucas added with a grimace.

"And now he knows she's the only thing that can stop him," Mike continued. "But if she's out of the way..."

"Game over," Lucas finished, the group exchanging worried glances.

El fiddled with her fingers. "He also said..." she mumbled quietly, ".....that he was going to kill all of you."

Everyone went silent at that, blinking at the morbid news. Max pulled her face into a sneer.

"Yeah, well, that's nice," she said sardonically.

"Near," Dylan suddenly whispered lowly.

Everyone's eyes shot over to the knocked out boy, looking at him with surprise. Mike gave him a curious look, seeing that Dylan still seemed to be out of it.

"....Dyl?" He questioned, but he got no response other than a light groan from the boy.

"What'd he say?" Nancy asked, looking at the kids questioningly.

"I think he said "near,"" Will said, the rest of the kids nodding in agreement.

"But why?" Mike asked, "what was he talking about?" He looked back down to the boy. "Dylan? Dylan, can you here us?"

•••••••

"Billy? Is that really you?" Dylan asked cautiously. He didn't want to risk it being the Mind Flayer.

Billy just smiled a bit. "Check for yourself," he said, referring to the Sense.

Dylan frowned, tilting his head in confusion as he knew that Billy's sense was off, but tried anyways. To his absolute shock though, he found it back on.

And it was true. It really was his brother.

Dylan didn't waste another second. He ran over to Billy and wrapped his arms around him, hugging him tightly. Billy squeezed him back and Dylan felt his tears wetting his shoulder but he couldn't of cared less. He was just so happy to be back with the authentic Billy.