Chapter 2- Jake

"Whoops!" I dropped all my books. My mom glared at me.

"The baby is sleeping!" she hissed and turned back to combing my sister Anna's hair. I sighed. Sometimes I wonder if anyone even notices me anymore. I feel like a ghost whenever I'm around my family. Just as I finished gathering my books, the bus arrived. I grabbed a bagel and ran out just as the bus was leaving. When I climbed in, everyone stared at me like I was some kind of alien. I gulped nervously and sat down. After what seemed like forever, the bus started moving.

When we reached the school, I rushed out. After that, my day was a big fail. I couldn't wait until school was over.

---------------------------------- ------------

"What should I do, what should I do?" I was debating over asking the girl across the street for help on the math homework we got. After what seemed like forever, I decided to go ask her. I was so nervous. The only girls I talked to were my family and teachers. What if I messed up?

"Relax. It'll be ok." I took a deep breath, gathered up my courage and headed out.

"Ding Dong" the bell was so loud that I could hear it from outside the house! Just when I thought no one was home, she opened the door.

"Hi! Mom's not-" Her expression showed that she was surprised to see me here.

"Um, hi. My name is Jake. I was wondering if you could help me with my homework. I don't know who else to ask, and you live right across the street, so, can you help?" I wondered if that was the right thing to say. If it wasn't - too late.

She stood there for a while and I thought she was going to say no, but surprisingly, she agreed.

"Come on in," she said and I followed her inside.

-----------------------------------------

Soon, we were done with our homework. Zoe, that was her name, went to her attic to get a board game. 10 minutes later, when she still didn't come, I got suspicious and went up to investigate. When I reached the attic, it looked like it was glowing. I stepped closer and saw that the glow was coming from a strange object. I grabbed the nearest thing, a book, and threw it in. It disappeared.

"So that must be where Zoe went!" I whispered. Suddenly, I had a horrifying thought. What if she was in trouble? I stepped closer and closer until it finally pulled me in. Immediately, I saw bright colors and other things that I couldn't identify. And- was that horse I could hear? I closed my eyes and let the current take me away.

-----------------------------------------

Please comment and tell me what you think