Chapter 13- Zoe

"Zoe! Are you done yet?" Jake asked for what seemed like the millionth time. Zoe gritted her teeth.

"Not yet," She replied and continued drawing. A few minutes later, Jake's voice rang out again.

"Are you done yet?"

Zoe took a deep breath. "Not yet!" She said coldly. Jake frowned, but turned away. Zoe turned back to her paper and started drawing the hilt of the sword she was designing. Just as she was finishing up, she felt someone's breath at her neck.

"Are you dooooooone yet?" Jake leaned over her shoulder.

"No, but I would be if you would stop bothering me!" Zoe snapped. Jake winced and immediately she regretted it.

"Jake, I'm sorry. It's not-" He cut her off.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be bothering you," He walked away, ignoring her protests. Zoe sighed and went back to her work.

* * *

"Wow, Zoe, these are really good!" Poseidon riffled through Zoe's papers. Zoe didn't reply for a few seconds; she was so shocked that she was actually meeting Poseidon, who happened to be the god of her favorite element. Water.

"T-thanks," she stammered.

"Well, I'm gonna go show these to the Cyclops; get them started on building. You're welcome to stay for as long as you want!" Poseidon smiled and then left the room. They were now in his palace, and the view outside was breathtaking. Zoe turned too look at Jake.

"Jake I-" she started, but was cut off by him.

"Stop. Please, just stop," he said tiredly.

"Jake, listen! I'm-"

"No, you listen! Don't apologize. It's not your fault! I'm sorry. I got you into this mess. I know you hate me, but I promise you that I'll make things better and then you can go back to your perfect life,"

"Jake-" Zoe started to speak, but closed her mouth. Arguing was not going to help. "What about you? What will you do after we go home?"

"Do I even have one?"he muttered under his breath. He sighed and walked out of Zoe's room. She stared at his back until he disappeared out of her view. Zoe looked down at some of her unfinished designs. She gathered them up and then started ripping them into pieces. She picked up her bow and tossed it into the fireplace, which, since it contained Greek fire, kept burning even though they were underwater. Once she was sure her drawings were shredded enough, she tossed them into the fire as well, then collapsed onto her bed, sobbing.

"What did I ever do to deserve this?!" she yelled at the ceiling. Burying her face into her pillow, Zoe let all her tears flow. She cried herself to sleep.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi readers! Sorry, this is a really short chapter. :( 

I'll try to update soon, if I get time. 

-GreekGeek3