Chapter 8-Jake

"Hello?" I opened my eyes to a void of darkness. I blinked twice, and two figures came into focus.

      "Who are you?" I asked hesitantly. They were dressed in black and armed, so I wasn't sure whether to trust them or not. But after a few minutes of waiting, they gave no answer, and I came to the conclusion that I was invisible to them. I wasn't sure what to do, but then suddenly one of them spoke.

     "Did he leave yet?" the voice was sharp as a knife, and it sent cold shivers up my spine.

     "Yes, Master. The foolish mortals will soon be destroyed!" the second one spoke. His voice was raspy and dry.

     "And the twins?"

     "Don't worry master. I have another to go with him. Together, they will take them down!"

     "Oh no." I whimpered, but this time I was heard. The "Master" turned and looked straight at me. 

     "What do we have here?" he smiled cruelly and muttered a spell. I convulsed and collapsed to the ground. I screamed and I felt like fire was spreading through me. Then, much to my horror, he pulled out a sharp dagger and chucked it at me. It tore through me and I cried out in agony. I couldn't bear it anymore. The last thing I saw was the two of them standing over me, grinning wickedly, and then darkness washed over me. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry that it took me that long to update, but I had schoolwork. But now school's out!!!! I will have a lot more time to write, so YAY! 

I'll need 20 votes/20 comments this time for a new update by Tuesday. 

BTW, what do you think will happen to Jake?