Chapter 4- Jake

I opened my eyes and found myself in a dark room. There was one light focused on me. I heard voices all around me, but I couldn't recognize any of them. I blinked twice, then looked around. I was lying on a cot and Zoe was on another one nearby. My head felt like it was on fire. That scared me. What was wrong with me? My legs felt like jelly and my throat was parched.           

 "Eínai xýpnios!" a boy's voice suddenly rang in the clearing. Someone came forward and stepped closer to me. He was a teenager, maybe about 15 or 16.  

 "Who...who are you and...where am I?" I stammered.

 "Don't worry, nobody's going to hurt you" the young boy said. And then "Shh." to Zoe, who stirred and started to rise. Then he came back to me. "To answer your questions, I am Apollo, and this is my sister Artemis" as he spoke, a girl stepped out of the shadows.

 "I am Artemis Agrotera, The Huntress of Souls, the Virgin huntress, and so on, but you can call me Artemis. Welcome to Athens, Greece." as she spoke, she took of her cloak, revealing her fully stocked quiver and silver bow. I didn't know who she or her brother were, but clearly they were important, because Zoe's eyes were bulging.

 "I can't believe it! You're really Artemis! OMG! You are like, my fave goddess. And Apollo, well, you're interesting."

 That's when I remembered.

 "You're the twin archers? I remember reading about you in a book. Don't you control, like, the sun and moon, or something?  Sorry, I didn't think it would be important to know about you guys, so I wasn't really paying attention" You can't blame me. How was I supposed to know that I would one day meet a god and goddess? Anyway, I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but my head started to hurt even more. On top of that, Zoe was mad at me.

 "What is wrong with you? I can't believe it! Out of all the people in the world to get stuck with, I get you! You should know this!!!! We did it in school, and Greek Mythology is the best! WE WERE GRADED ON IT!!!" And with that, she turned her back on me.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Plz comment and tell me what u think