Chapter 10- Jake

"We made it," I said grimly.

              "This can't be happening." Zoe muttered. "I'm dreaming aren't I? I'm going to wake up and forget all of this. Everything is going to be fine."

           "Look Zoe, I'm sorry for what happened, but we have to go now. There might be other monsters after us. Arty'll be fine. She's strong." But he choked and I knew he was lying. Zoe looked up.

          "You're right. Come on." She picked herself up and started walking, Apollo and I following. 

           After a few hours of walking in complete silence, we reached a tiny cottage. 

           "We'll be safe here. It is completely shielded, any only me and my sis know where it is. Follow me." We walked behind him and entered the house. It was small, but stocked with food, weapons, and other essentials. Suddenly, the doors burst open, and a figure was pushed inside. I gasped. It was Artemis! Her hands were bound in silver chains, her mouth gagged, and her face was scraped and bleeding. Then her captor stepped in and I nearly screamed. I recognized him from my Greek Mythology textbook. I had accidentally flipped to the page, and read it because it was actually interesting. BUT THIS WAS REAL!!! THE GUY WAS EREBUS!!! THE PRIMORDIAL OF DARKNESS!! SON OF CHAOS!!! HE WAS HERE TO DESTROY US AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD!  

                What? I'm not as dumb as I look. 

              "Artemis!" Zoe gasped and ran to her, but Erebus shoved her back, and I caught her before she hit the ground. 

               "Thanks" she mumbled and got up shakily. 

               "I am Erebus! The primordial of darkness! The son of chaos! And I am here to destroy you and take over the world!" he cackled. 

                A little late on that.  I thought.

               "Let my sister go!" Apollo demanded. 

                "I'm afraid I can't do that. You see, I'm going to take her to Olympus where I will give Zeus his daughter back in exchange for his crown. Then I will rule! People shall tremble when they hear my name! MWAH HA HA!" he smiled cruelly. "And now I have his son too!" he flicked his hand and more chains, these ones black, appeared and wrapped around Apollo's wrists. Then he looked at me and Zoe, flicked his hand again, and we too, we wrapped in the chains. 

                Zoe's face grew red and she screamed, "You little-" she let out a stream of curses that would have made any sailor proud. Erebus frowned and waved his hand one more time (what's with the hand waving?) and a gag appeared around Zoe's mouth, cutting off her insults. He smirked. 

              "As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, Zeus will have no choice but to hand over Olympus." He frowned. "Speaking of Olympus, I should have been there 10 minutes ago." He snapped his fingers and my world faded into black.