Chapter 5- Zoe

Ahh! Boys are so annoying! I was steaming. But I had to stay calm during the trip. It's not like that dumb boy would, so I would have to be the sensible, mature one. I took a deep breath.   

 "I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said." I turned to face him. "I just-never mind." How would he understand how special Greek Myths were to me? They were the only things that got me through the day in the first few weeks after my dad died.   

"It's ok. You're right. I should pay attention in school more often." he smiled, clearly happy that I wasn't mad at him anymore. Honestly, does that boy understand nothing? But I couldn't stay mad at him.

 "Anyway, I have to tell you guys something," Artemis's voice rang out. "This may come as a shock to you two, but you have powers. Zoe, you have moon powers, like me. Jake, you have sun powers like my irresponsible brother." Apollo glared at Artemis and hissed,

 "Hey! Watch the words!!'

 My heart skipped a beat. Me? With powers? Although, it did explain why I had an unexplainable urge to sit in the moonlight and hide from the sun. I wondered how Artemis knew our names? Then again, she was a goddess. I collected my thoughts and sat down on my cot calmly.

 Jake, on the other hand, looked like he was having a heart attack.

 "I have powers? Get them out of me! I don't want to burn up and die!" he screamed and started to run around the room like his back was on fire. Typical. No surprise that he was acting like an weirdo. I mean, that's what boys do. Act like weirdos.

 "Calm down, Jake. You're fine." Apollo said gently. "But, you do need to learn how to control your power, so me and my sis are here to help." His tone was serious now. "But first, you need to rest. I'll wake you up when it's lunchtime. Then, Jake, you'll come with me and Zoe, you go with Artemis." He waved his hand and the other boys followed, along with Artemis.

 "Wow. I never thought that when I asked you for help, I would be learning a lot more than math," Jake finally broke the silence. Surprisingly, he looked sad. I wondered what that was all about. "Let's go."

 "Go where?"

 "Home. I'm going to look for the portal. It has to be around here somewhere."

 "What?" I was shocked. "What are you talking about? We can't go now!" Was he crazy? Why on earth would he want to go home?

 "You heard me. I'm going home. And you're coming with me." he grabbed my hand.

 "I'm staying here!" I pulled away from him. Now I was getting mad. "Who died and made you boss? You can't just go. We have to stay here, with Artemis and Apollo and all the other gods and goddesses!" I tried to calm down, but I was too angry.

 "If it weren't for those divine beings, I never would have been here in the first place. I bet they called us here!" he said 'divine beings' as if it was a pile of trash. That made something spark inside me. I slapped him. He looked as surprised as me.

"Fine! Stay here if you want. I don't care!"