Chapter 7- Zoe

I suddenly realized that my bow was gone. I guess it only appeared when it was needed. Then I heard Jake gasp. I looked over to see him fall down.

"Oh no!" I pushed Apollo out of the way and ran to him. The arrow had pierced his side. Blood was pooling around him and his face was scratched up. I realized that he had gotten even worse because he had fought even when he was hurt. I was so scared and worried and mad that I started to cry.

"Um, don't cry. He'll be fine, I can help him, I think," Apollo patted my back, but he looked uncomfortable, as if he had never seen anyone cry before.

"So, who's ready to- whoa!" Artemis walked in. As soon as she saw Jake, she ran over to him and placed her hand on his forehead. "What happened? Spill." She looked really mad and her glare made me stop crying.

"Jake wanted to go home, but I didn't and then we started fighting and I accidently shot him because there were a bunch of empousai and then we fought them off, but Jake was hurt and then he just collapsed," I said all that in one breath.

"WHAT!?" Artemis and Apollo both yelled in unison. I burst into tears again.

"I'll deal with you later. Apollo, help me with Jake. Zoe, stay here while I take Jake into another room. And if you come near him, I swear to Zeus that you will be sorry you were born!" Then she lifted Jake carefully and stormed out of the room. I turned to Apollo, but he didn't even look at me as he followed his sister out.

———————————————————————————

"Is he ok?" I whispered. Artemis had finally cooled down enough to let me see Jake.

"I don't know." I was surprised at how sharp Artemis's voice sounded. "Hold my hand. I'm taking you to Olympus."

"But what about Jake?"

"Apollo's staying here to take care of him." she held out her hand. I grabbed it and immediately I found myself inside a large stone room with pillars that showed the outside and a open dome ceiling. My jaw dropped. Olympus was beautiful. The grass was a deep green color, there were birds and fountains everywhere, and the sun looked amazing. It was so breathtaking that I nearly forgot about Jake and all her troubles. Suddenly, a voice thundered,

"Who is this?" I turned around and nearly fainted. Standing before her was- Zeus! He had a large beard and when he smiled his eyes sparkled. But then Artemis went up to him and whispered something into his ear. Immediately his smile vanished. "SHE WHAT?!"

"She shot her friend in the shoulder." Artemis repeated, this time loud enough for me to hear. "I brought her here so you could punish her yourself. Zoe, go up to Zeus, now." Trembling, I came forward.

"What are you going to do to me?" I asked, not really wanting to know the answer. Zeus thought for a moment. Then he said,

"I know the perfect thing! Artemis, this girl shall be my slave for, lets see. 56 years." My heart stopped. WHAT? That was ridiculous! But I guess Artemis wasn't as mad as she looked, because she said