Chapter 9- Zoe

"AGHH!!!" I screamed as soon as I entered Jake's room. Apollo hadn't lied, Jake really was on fire! Even worse, he was all cut and lying in a pool of deep red blood. I turned to Artemis, and she had the same shocked look as me. But before either of us could do anything, he gasped and jolted awake, the fire immediately extinguishing. Quickly, we ran to him.

       "Jake, are you ok?" Artemis asked worriedly. "And what happened to you?"

       "I'm fine now. When I was unconscious, I dreamed of a dark place. There were two things there. They were discussing some sort of plans. Then one of them saw me and put a spell on me that caused me to bleed and faint again." he spoke shakily.

       "Zoe, step outside for a minute," Artemis said, and her tone stopped me from arguing. I walked out and closed the door. I heard Jake and Artemis talking, but it was too muffled for me to make sense of their conversation. Finally, after what seemed like ages, Artemis said I could come in. When I entered, I noticed that the arrow was out of Jake, and his cuts had been bandaged. I sighed with relief when I saw him sitting up straight and smiling. Suddenly, his eyes widened in horror. Artemis noticed it too, and she asked him what was wrong.

          "In my dream, one of them said that they had sent something to intercept us. We have to get away from here!" he exclaimed.

         "And you tell us NOW?!" Artemis pulled him off the bed and motioned for us to follow her.

       We dashed into the hallway where Apollo was still running lose.

      "I'm a pretty unicorn!" he sang and held a hairbrush to his forehead.

       "Apollo? Focus! We have to get out of here. There's-" she cut off suddenly. Then, out of the blue, she looked up and screamed. "APHRODITE!" There was a flash of pink light, and a beautiful lady stepped out. Her hair was a rich black and came to her hips. Her eyes were bright blue and her skin was flawless. Her lips were bright red and she was dressed in the most gorgeous outfit. She had on a blue sleeveless dress that came down just below her knees. In other words, she was gorgeous.

      "You called?" she asked and her voice sounded like birds singing.

       "My dumb brother has gotten himself taken over by an eidolon. I want you to charmspeak it out." Artemis said to the lady, who I guessed was Aphrodite. Charmspeak, I knew, was so powerful almost no one could resist it. And eidolons? They we re demonic creatures that took over people and made you unable to resist. But the fact that they were in a god  terrified me.

      "Sure, dear." she said and turned to the sun god. "EIDOLON! Get out of Apollo NOW!!" her voice was so powerful that I wanted to run out of the room. Suddenly, Apollo collapsed and when he looked up his eyes were golden. He spoke in a cold, harsh voice.

      "And why, should I?"

     "Because I SAID SO!!!! GET OUT OF THERE AND NEVER RETURN!!!!" Aphrodite screamed. The eidolon said,

     "Yes, ma'am," in a quiet voice and Apollo's eyes turned back to their normal color. He said in his voice,

      "THANK YOU!!!! You have no IDEA how annoying that thing was."

      "Anytime," and with that Aphrodite vanished into another flash of light.

      "I'm really glad you're okay, but the things you said! I can never forget! And I'll make sure you don't either!" Artemis laughed. Apollo opened his mouth, but before he could say anything, a loud roar shook the room. "Is that what I think it is?" the moon goddess whispered.

      "It can't be. But- it is." Apollo whispered back nervously. Before I could ask what exactly it was, a creature appeared in the door. It was bright red with black swirls all over it and it glowed with a red aura. Suddenly, it pounced on Artemis. She yelled and shook it off. The twins pulled us behind them and shot arrow after arrow at it. Just when it seemed like they would win, one of Apollo's fire bomb arrows missed and hit a pillar. Artemis looked back at us and yelled,

        "RUN! The room's going to collapse!" She turned back to the monster, but those few seconds had cost her. The thing jumped on her and swatted her bow away from her. Apollo pulled me and Jake out of the room, and told us to keep running. He went on forward with Jake, but I stopped and looked back. The creature sunk its fangs into Artemis's arm and I screamed. I was about to run in, but Apollo pulled me back. The last thing I saw was the ceiling collapsing on top of her and the creature before I was off running again, into the darkness of the night.

========================================================================================

I know, I know, I was supposed to update sooner, but like I said in my note, I have been sick. I'm 100% better now, and will update more often, thankfully. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I'm gonna need 25 votes/comments for an update by Monday.

QOTC:

When is Annabeth's birthday?

First person to answer correctly gets a shoutout!

BTW, I don't have a cast for this, but if anyone has any ideas, let me know!

- GreekGeek3