CHAPTER 25: INTRODUCTIONS

*clomp* *clomp* *clomp* *clomp*

Loud rhythmic footsteps resounded through the hall as the emperor walked towards his seat. It was the first time the princesses have seen their father after their naming ceremony, which most of them did not remember except for Helena.

Even though they had heard stories about his beauty and accomplishments from their mothers. Their image of him could only pale in comparison to the real person. Even though they were excited and happy to see their father, none of them spoke a word as he walked past them and sat in his seat.

The princesses stood up from their seats and greeted the emperor with a curtsy. "We greet father emperor." They greeted in unison.

"Sit." the emperor commanded. He glanced around the table with a cold gaze and sighed. "Your names... tell me your names." The emperor said as his gaze shifted to Mera. Maximus could not be bothered to remember the names of his daughters after he named them. It was insignificant to him.

"My name is Mera, your majesty," she said in a graceful manner. Mera Von Merula, the first princess of the empire, was born to Lady Sara Winterwin. Elegant, graceful, and confident. Every lord and lady of the empire worships her for her beauty and grace. every young lord would love to marry her, and every young lady looks up to her. Even the commoners love her.

"Next." the emperor said.

"I am Diamond. Your Majesty, remember? My mother always told–" Diamond Von Merula, age seventeen. Daughter of Joyce Winterwin sister of Sara Winterwin. If Mera is known for her grace and elegance, Diamond is known for her beauty and cruelty, though she is accustomed to hiding it behind a persona of kindness.

"Next." The emperor interrupted Diamond's babble.

"Emm... m-my name is Cilia, father- oh... I meant your majesty," she said nervously. Cilia, age fourteen, second daughter of Joane Blackwood, sister of Izaak Blackwood, the Emperor's guard. The Blackwoods are known as a prominent house that produces brave knights for the empire for five hundred years. Even their women learn the art of the sword. But Cilia did not inherit their talent for the sword; instead, she is an introverted girl that loves to paint.

"Next."

"I am Jane, your majesty," she said. Jane, age sixteen, is the first daughter of Joane Blackwood. She is a confident and strong girl, unlike her younger sister. She is talented in the sword and has the skills to compete with a first-class grandmaster knight.

"Next."

"Just call me Elora." She said nonchalantly. Elora, a tall, elegant beauty of age seventeen. She had caramel dark skin and braided silver hair. She is the daughter of Elenor Blackport.

"Next"

It was Helena's turn to introduce herself, but she had a shocked look on her face. After a few seconds of quiet, she smiled. "Guess it's my turn then... I am Helena, your cute daughter, nice to meet you, Daddy, Meow~!" she said. With a cute tone, as she made a heart shape with her fingers.

Her actions shocked everyone, including the emperor.

What a bold child. What did she say her name was again? Helenor–no, it's Helena... I seem to recall giving her that name for some reason. Hmm... I'll think about it later. Maximus thought in his mind.

*Next*

While the other girls introduced themselves, Helena could feel burning hatred directed toward her. She turned her sight right to see who was trying to burrow through her head with their gaze. It was Diamond. Her gaze was like that of a starving lion that had its meal snatched away. And beside her was Mera, who had a smirk on her face, which gave Helena a sense of unease.