🦋leah🦋

I looked at the dark blue water that was crashing against the rocks beneath me.
The salty air pushed my curls away from my face and made my lips chapped and dry, but I didn't care. I just looked at the view lost in my thoughts.
My headphones are in my ears blasting music.
I had to make peace with the fact that I'm afraid of vampires now. I thought this change would give me a good life. I know the plot of those worlds. But why do I seem to be the one to get the worst of it?
I knew I didn't belong here... it wasn't made for a character like me, but I was determined to live here not because it was twilight but also because it was a new chance at life. A better one.
And now I'm wallowing and having nightmares about Victoria and Laurent, I have PTSD that makes me freeze up like a helpless victim, and the pack isn't interested in being friends with me too.

I came to Embry crying and wishing for comfort. but he just looked at me... like we never have been best of friends. It broke my heart when he told me to stop calling him or contacting him. I knew why, but he could just be nicer. He just saw me getting almost murdered!

So I drove to la push Beach to cry to the ocean and get my feelings out so I can handle this alone...

" That's my spot," a voice yelled behind me.
I turned, squinting from the wind to see who was talking.
Leah Clearwater
The she-wolf. I couldn't help but smile. She looked skinnier than I imagined, and her hair was still long. She looked sad, really sad.

" Care to share?" I asked, turning to her, which made my hair cover my damn face. The girl snorted
" No," she walked closer.
I pouted. " I mean, I understand, one sad girl at a time." I stood up,
She hesitated a bit and looked at me.

" What are you even doing here?" Leah asked.

"Not sure... maybe not jump into the water ?" I answered
" Yeah, don't do that," she replied
" I'm trying," I walked slowly off of the giant rock, avoiding her.
" You're a swan, right? Elizabeth?" She asked

I nodded. " Yep.. and you're Leah Clearwater. "

" My dad is friends with your dad," she continued,
I couldn't look at her because of my hair getting on my face.
"We went fishing multiple times when I was a kid," I told her smiling. 

" Yeah... the famous lucky charm. " she even spared me a tight smile!

" So maybe we can share? I like this rock. Great spot for a depression scenes montage. " I got hopeful.
She frowned, confused about my last sentence, but shrugged
" I can even pay you !" I blurted
She chuckled! I made Leah smile!!!!

" Yeah, no need. Just sit down and shut up, " she climbed to the edge and sat.
This is my chance to get Leah on my side. If I survived a new moon and was still not a vampire snack, she could help? Or maybe yell at me never to talk to her again. Either way, I'm sitting next to the hot she-wolf.

We stayed in comfortable silence for a bit till I shared my headphones with her. She looked at them for a second and took one putting it in her ears. She didn't show any reaction to my taste of music but just tuned into her emotions and out of the scene.

A/N: my red flag is keeping a chapter in drafts for months only to half ass it in the last few paragraphs so I can publish it 😀