Is it Over Yet?

Wednesday's POV:

I close my eyes, letting her lips sink into mine. Shivers were sent down my spine and my body began to warm. My hand slid behind her neck, keeping her from pulling away. I want to stay here forever... but I can't. Enid is dating Ajax, this can't happen. As much as I dislike that rip-off medusa, I know this isn't right. I slide my hand over to her shoulder and pull back. My lips yurn for hers, but I resist the urge.

"Enid. I-" I pause.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry."

"No, Enid, it's okay it's just-" I attempt to reassure her but her mind can't hear me. She's only feeling panic.

"That wasn't supposed to happen. I'm so sorry." She gets up to leave but I grab her arm lightly, sitting her back down.

"Enid, it's okay."

Her breath is uneven. "W- What?"

"I don't mind that you kissed me it's just... your dating Ajax."

Tears develop in her eyes and panic fills her face. I can see the guilt building up inside her, beginning to eat her away. Oh god, what do I do? Okay, so I guess I have to find out something. Did she actually want to kiss me? Maybe she isn't filling with just guilt.. but also regret?

"Well, we could just forget this happened. Then you can keep dating Ajax and you can be happy."

She doesn't answer right away. "We almost had sex today."

Confusion fills the air in an instant. She can see my puzzled look so she explains further. "We almost had sex but I stopped because... because I couldn't stop thinking of you."

I suck in a breath of air quickly. "I- I thought you liked Ajax?"

She sighs. "I do- I did-... I thought I did. I tried to."

My face relaxes. I hate how much I understand that feeling. "I tried to like Xavier. But I couldn't."

She nods in understatement while we sit in silence for a few moments. "What if I break up with Ajax, then we can get together."

My eyes dart to hers. "Is that what you want?"

She thinks for a second. "Yeah. I want to be with you, not him."

One side of my lips curl upwards slightly. "I.. want to be with you too."

She smiles through her tears of guilt. "But we can't tell anyone about this."

"Of course."

"Wait... can I tell Yoko?"

"Enid."

"Okay fine, tell no one." She smiles bigger. "Also we have to just act like friends until I break up with him."

I nod and look up at the sky. "It's too cloudy to watch stars tonight. Do you just want to go to bed?"

"Sure."

--------- (next day aka Valentine's Day)

Enid's POV:

There is no class on Valentine's Day so I woke up a little later. Although I got a few extra hours of sleep, I am still tired. I was tossing and turning all night, and when I did finally fall asleep, I woke up every few minutes. I check my phone and see a 'good morning' text from Ajax.

Ajax: Good morning babe. I hope you slept well. Happy Valentine's Day!! I have a surprise for you when you get up and around. Just come to my dorm to find out what it is!

I sigh at his message. I hate that he cares for me so much. It just makes it even harder to end it with him. Maybe I'll just wait til tomorrow to tell him. Maybe that will help it be a little less painful. Maybe? I don't know. I hate this so much. I want it to be over but I'm so scared to actually end it.