How could you do this?

Divina's POV:

After leaving Enid and Wednesday's dorm, I went straight to Joanna's. I need to know the truth. I knocked on the door and it opened almost immediately.

"Divina? What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Okay." Worry fills their throat. "What about."

"Wednesday."

They tense up and I walk in.

"I need you to be 100% honest with me Joanna." I pause. "Do you remember kissing Wednesday."

She hesitates. "A little."

I wince a little as my theory is only getting more possible.

"Did you use your siren song to get Wednesday to fall for you?" I say, not making eye contact.

"What?"

I look at them. "Did you?" I repeat.

I won't admit to anyone this, but I'm using my own siren song to convince them to tell the truth. It's necessary right now. I need to know the truth. I know that it doesn't work as well on other sirens, but it only takes a little to get them to admit it.

Them force their eyes down to the ground. "I missed her. I had to."

I bring my hands to my face and throw my head back.

"Please. You have to underst-"

"Wednesday was happy! She has Enid! And because of you she has to tell the most important person in her life that she kissed another person. Because of you!"

Their eyes start filling with tears. "Please. You have to understand... I love her."

I scoff and reach into my bag. I grab my trinket and toss it to them. "Put this on." I pause. "Tell Wednesday everything."

Their eyes dart to mine.

"Tell Wednesday or I will." I grab my bag and leave, slamming the door behind me. I was really hoping it wasn't true. I didn't want to believe that Joanna could do something like that. But they can, and they did.

I walk into my dorm and see Yoko at their desk. She turns around to look at me.

"Hey, Wednesday said she'd tell Enid tomo-" She pauses. "Are you okay?"

"Joanna's been using their siren song on Wednesday this whole time."

"What." They sit up straight, filled partially with shock, and partially with anger. "We need to tell Wednesday."

"No. I told them to tell her. If she doesn't, then I will." I flop down on my bed and run my hands down my face as Yoko joins in next to me.

"Where's your trinket?"

"I gave it to Joanna. I don't want them playing anymore games. I just want them to tell Wednesday the truth."

"That's a good idea."

--------

Enid's POV:

I walk out of them bathroom when I hear a knock at the door. Wednesday gets up and opens the door.

"Joanna? What are you doing here?" I ask, walking up behind Wednesday.

Their eyes are red from crying as they dig into Wednesday, not once acknowledging me. "I need to talk to Wednesday."

Their face worries me. It's filled with some kind of fear, like what they are about to tell her isn't good. Wednesday looks at me and then back at them. She looks scared too. Their fear is spreading to me as the silence penetrates us.