The Field Trip

Wednesday's POV:

It has been a week since Enid and I got together and, so far, it is all going smoothly. We have most classes together and it isn't hard to avoid or hide any contact when people are around. Enid hasn't had any trouble avoiding Ajax, for he has been avoiding her also.

We still haven't told anyone but Yoko and Divina about our relationship and they haven't told anyone either, that I know of. According to Enid, they keep secrets well, but I still don't know if I trust them.

I haven't had to deal with Xavier's desperate attempts to ask me out all week. He has been hanging out with Ajax, and now that Ajax is avoiding us, he has been forced too also. He still manages to get a few conversations in while we walk through the hallways, but for the most part we don't talk. I am quite enjoying the break.

Because Enid and Ajax are not talking, our group has temporarily split between the boys and girls. The others aren't mad at Ajax and Xavier isn't mad at Enid, but we have done this to keep any screaming matches or more drama being dug up.

Enid and I have been eating separately in an empty hallway, away from the others. They, at first, were asking where we were going but we continued to ignore the question, so they soon gave up. We meet up at the lunch line and we walk together to our lunch spot.

"Do you think Ajax is okay? He really seems upset."

"He did just get broken up with."

"Yeah, I know. But it still kills me not knowing if he is okay. I mean I love helping people and this whole scenario sucks because I can't even ask him if he's okay."

"I'm sure he's fine. If he's not, I don't really care."

She dramatically fell onto my shoulder. "UGH! You are no help."

"I'm sorry, is there anything you need for me to do?"

She looks at me in the eye, still leaning most her weight on my shoulder. "Hm. What are you willing to do?" She says, bringing her hand up. She rests lightly grabs my chin and leans in a bit.

I run my hand through her hair. "More than you could imagine Mi Amor." I whisper in a low, raspy voice.

She blushes and smiles. "I like that."

"Like what?"

"The nickname. 'Mi Amor'. I think it's my favorite."

"Oh yeah? Well I will use it more often."

Her smile glows, almost as if it was casting rays of light on my pale face. She scrunches her nose, her 'happy face', and she places a small peck on my lips, leaving my mouth warm and begging for more. I wish people weren't so judgmental, then we could go public with our relationship. I worry less about me, but more of Enid. She is much more sensitive than I am, and she allows peoples words to dig into her like a dagger to a night kill. But that is what I love about her. Everything she does, everything she says, everything she touches, it's all perfect. It's as if she can never do anything that can make me love her less. Everything about her is perfect.

-------- (later that night)

Enid and I was sitting on the couch watching a true crime documentary. Her head was in my lap, and she was on her phone. It's fascinating how she can multi-task so effortlessly.

My phone buzzes and Enid grabs it for me.

"It's Xavier." She says, handing it to me. She sits up and watches my screen as I read the text.

Xavier: Hey Wednesday. Sorry I haven't talked to you recently, it's just with the whole thing with Ajax and Enid thing that's kinda keeping us apart.