Regret

Yoko's POV:

I climb out the window to join Wednesday on the balcony. She only took a few hits before walking away. Something about keeping the signal clear or some shit like that. I don't know. She's an odd person.

"Hey. Watcha doin?"

"Planning your homicide." She says with a straight face.

I don't laugh right away. I can't tell if she's joking or not.

"That was a joke. Although, I am normally doing that."

"Oh, thank- wait what." She looks at me with a 'I'm joking' face... I think... then back up at the stars. "Um... anyway. What are you actually thinking about?"

"Enid."

"Mmm." I look over the edge and imagine someone plummeting off of it. "I wonder if anyone could survive a fall from this height."

"mmm... not likely. But it's possible."

I continue to stare down then giggle.

"What are you laughing about?"

"I was just imagining someone's guts splattering on the ground." I confess, continuing to giggle.

"You're high."

"Well, duh. Why aren't you?"

"I'd rather be in control of what I say. I don't want to confess anything I wouldn't normally. Plus, he doesn't even have good stuff."

"That's fair. But for me, I don't really have anything I want to hide."

"Everyone has something to hide."

"Yeah, that's true. Wait. What am I hiding? Do I have a secret? Oh god, what if I spill my secret while I'm high? Oh no, I'm going to spill a secret that's so secret even I don't know what it is!"

Wednesday looks at me like I'm psychotic. Maybe I am...

"I think you are fine."

I laugh, I don't know why. I just wanted to laugh. We both look up at the sky and Ajax comes out. "Hey guys, do you mind if I invite Joanna?"

"Um. Not tonigh-"

Wednesday interrupts them. "That's fine."

I looks at Wednesday but she shakes her head. "I'll be fine." She whispers.

"Okay thanks guys." He slips back inside and texts Joanna. We remain outside and talk for a while before sitting down on the couch.

Wednesday's POV:

I hear the knock on the door and Yoko gets up to get it. As the door opens, Jo holds up a bottle of tequila. Yoko smiles widely. "How did you get that?" She asks, letting them in.

"Fake I.D. obviously."

They walk in and they are wearing faded black jeans, a black bralette, and an oversize brown flannel loosely on their shoulders with black converse. They set the bottle down and the boys walk over.

"Yes!! This is perfect!" Ajax says, grabbing the bottle. "Do you have shot glasses?"

"Of course." They pull five glasses from their bag and sets them on the table.

They all gather around, and Joanna fills each glass. "Wednesday are you joining in?"

"No. I already have enough chemicals in my system. I'd like to be able to remember what I do."

"Okay. You do you. More for us." Ajax says taking his first shot. He immediately starts coughing and gagging. "Fuck. That's terrible!"

"It's tequila, it's not supposed to taste good." Joanna says, drinking theirs. They don't flinch at all and go to pour another.