Visit

Enid's POV:

I turn off the alarm and see that Wednesday hadn't woken up yet. We still had two hours before we had to leave for class, so I decided to let her sleep a little longer. It's nice to know I tired her out.

I kiss her lightly on her forehead, brushing her bangs from her face. Do you ever see something so cute that you just want to squeeze it until all their insides spill out? That's how I feel right now. I love how she looks when she sleeps because when she's awake, she puts on a face, protecting herself from other, or others from herself, but when she's asleep she's relaxed. AND IT'S SO CUTE.

I step off the bed and slip on a t-shirt that I had on yesterday. My eyes meet the poem that had slipped under her bed. I reached for it and opened it up. I skimmed over it one more time before walking over to my desk. I folded it up and set it gently in a wooden box that my aunt had gotten me a few years back. I never really knew what to put in it, so I like putting memories in it.

For example, I put the small remains of Wednesday's snood that somehow ended up stuck on me after the attack. The rest, of course, is probably still in the Gates mansion but I'm definitely not going back for it, no way.

I also put some special jewelry and papers in there. Now, I can put the poem she gave me. And, apparently, she has more so, from now on, I will put them in here. I close the box and get into the shower.

When I step out of the bathroom with a towel around me, Wednesday was sitting up with her feet on the floor. She finished slipping on the one of her shirts and stretched out to wake herself up.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

"Did I sleep through the alarm?" She said lousily.

"Yep."

She got up and clenched her jaw a bit and reached for the Tylenol.

"You sore?" I said, smirking.

"Yes, congratulations." She responded sarcastically.

I smiled and slipped my uniform on. I grabbed my makeup bag and sat down at my mirror. "So, when do I get those other letters? Can I read them all right now?" I asked excitedly.

"If I give you them too often, they won't be special."

"Nooooo. Please. They will be special." I beg.

"No. I will give you them randomly."

"Fiiinneeee." I cross my arms and make a pouty face. Wednesday walks over and kisses me on the top of my head.

"I love you."

A smile creeps up on me. "I love you too."

"Now grab the makeup we need to cover the hickeys up."

"Oh yeah!" I grab the makeup and follow her to the bathroom.

-------

"Done." Wednesday says, backing up a little to examine my neck.

"Wow, we're getting good this. Well, you are. I didn't do any of it myself."

"You'll learn."

I smile. I know she only said two words, but it still makes me happy hearing her talk about this happening more in the future. It tells me that even after seeing all of me she doesn't want to back down.

"Are you ready? It's time to go."

I look at myself in the mirror once more and reach for the concealer. These dark circles under my eyes are really hitting me hard. I try to grab the bottle, but Wednesday sets her hand on mine.