Chapter - 11: First Construct

The dimly lit Anteiku was almost full, with the faint glow of lanterns casting a soft light on the tables. Amidst the chatter of customers, we can see our main boi walking up to one of the tables, with a notepad and pen in hand.

"Good evening," he said with a polite bow and smile. "Welcome to our cafe. My name is Izuku, and I'll be your waiter for today. What would you like to have?"

The customer, a middle aged woman, looked up from the menu and smiled. "Yes, please. I'll have a hot latte, please. And, let's see...I'll also have the chicken katsu sandwich to start with."

"Excellent choice," Izuku said, jotting down the order. "We make our katsu sandwiches fresh every day. Would you like that with a side of miso soup or salad? "

"Umm... I'll have the salad, thank you." the woman replied as she scanned the menu.

"Great. And would you like anything else to go with that?"

"Hmm...I'm tempted by the display case. What do you recommend?"

"Our cream puffs are very popular, and they're made in-house. Would you like to try one?"

"Sure, I'll take one of those too." the woman replied with a smile.

"Very good," Izuku nodded, writing down the order. "Please make yourselves comfortable, and your order will be ready soon."

Izuku made his way back to the counter, where other waiters were busy taking orders and serving dishes. As he waited for the food, he noticed a group of school girls who looked like foreigners struggling to use chopsticks.

"Excuse me," Izuku said in Japanese, approaching the table. "Is everything alright?"

"We're having a bit of trouble with the chopsticks," one of the girls who looked like a foreigner said with a sheepish grin and broken Japanese.

Izuku smiled warmly. "Let me help you with that."

He demonstrated the proper technique of holding chopsticks and offered some tips. The girls tried again, and this time they were successful, eliciting smiles of satisfaction.

"Thanks for the lesson. Can we get your number too?" one of the girls said with a smile and wink.

Izuku blushed at the comment. But, although a little flustered, he kept his composure and smiled. "I'm flattered, but I can't give out my number while I'm on the job. But I'm glad I could help with the chopsticks."

The girls laugh and thank him before turning their attention back to their food. The girls shook their heads, and Izuku returned to the counter still blushing and, Donaven was there to greet him with a teasing smile.

"What's so funny?" Izuku asked, knowing full well what his fellow worker was laughing at.

Donaven grinned. "Looks like you've got some fans!"

Izuku rolled his eyes as he took a piece of lavender cup cake from the counter and started eating it. "They were just asking for chopsticks help."

*Nom Nom Nom*

Donaven continued to tease him. "Sure, sure. I saw the way you blushed when they asked for your number."

Izuku swallowed the piece of cake as he tried to defend himself. " *GULP* I didn't blush! I just politely declined."

Donaven shaked his head. "Whatever you say, man. But if you change your mind, I'll slip them your number on the way out."

Izuku groaned before he was called as the food was ready. He carefully arranged the dishes on a tray and made his way back to the table.