Chapter - 13: Family (Yagis)

Family - In the tapestry of life, family is like a nest of warmth and love, a place where hearts are nurtured and souls find peace. It is a bond that connects the different generations, connected by blood, but nurtured by the unconditional love and affection. Yet, in the vast expanse of possibilities, not all families adhere to the conventional definition.

Few of those are,

Yagi family.

Bakugou family.

Todoroki family.

Once close family friends, now separated like strangers. All because of one missing child. 

They were all separated, stopped talking and seeing each other, even the kids. It all came to an end when they came to knew that Izuku was kidnapped by a villain. The police were investigating the case, but since it was a quirkless child not much action was taken. Even with the influence of top heroes such as a Endeavor.

The reason for the fallout was the children fighting among themselves, blaming each other to reduce their own guilt and avoiding facing the reality of losing one of their own. 

Yuki, Misa, Hikari, Shoto, and Katsuki's friendship shattered like a mirror, reflecting different versions of the incident.While Yuki, Misa, and Shoto were merely upset and dwelling in self-guilt, Katsuki and Hikari fought each other physically. 

When news of Izuku's kidnapping reached the school, the reactions varied. Although no one liked the quirkless oddity among them, none of them wished such an ill fate upon him like a villain attack. 

Except for a few like Katsuki, who rarely remained silent throughout the day on the day of that announcement. There was a strange change in his demeanor when the teacher announced the news. 

His silence broke when he laughed.

Everything was silent in that old classroom except the sound of laughing from Katsuki.

Thought one can easily tell it was different somehow. Instead of his usual taunting laugh, he laughed like a deranged person. 

He began speaking about how the worthless Deku deserved it and how he should have stayed beneath his feet, as he had always said.Suddenly, with a loud bang that resonated throughout the classroom, he was knocked to the other side by Hikari. 

Everyone was shocked, their eyes fixed on Hikari as she breathed heavily, her face covered in sweat, and an anger in her eyes that no one had ever witnessed before. Misa looked on in shock, her eyes widening, while Yuki sobbed and covered her mouth, uttering "Hikari." Shoto lay on his desk, seemingly lost in his own thoughts. Bakugo, still in a state of shock, launched himself at her, and the situation quickly escalated into a fight.

The parents were called to the school, and that became the last day they all spoke to each other. Even though they attended the same school, they now acted like strangers.

===========================================

[Current time]

Hikari, can be seen panting for air with a flushed face. She was dressed in a sports bra and sweatpants. 

Sweat pouring down her furrowed brow as she mercilessly pummeled the sand bag in front of her, each strike fueled by a mix of anguish and determination. The haunting words reverberating through her mind, cutting deep into her soul.

("You killed me.") 

Her knuckles hit the sandbag harder as she heard the harsh words of her twin.

("You abandoned me.") 

Skin started to peel from her knuckles as her punch continued to hit the sandbag, more harder than before.