Proactive Rafe

"Harlan" I whispered

"I will call you back Barry". He turned to look at me. "What the fuck Elle are you spying on me" 

"No, I just heard you yelling on the phone I was worried about you, I came to check up on you"

"Don't you dare mention this infront of anyone especially mom and dad" He said angrily while he tried away.

"Harlan, if you need help I can help you just –".

I didn't get to finish my sentence before my brother grabbed my shoulder and pushed me into the tree behind me, it's not like my brother is a violent person but, in that moment, he scared me. His face was so close to mine, and I realized how angry he was.

"Stay the fuck outta my life Elle, I don't need your fucking help" He hissed.

Before I could reply, I saw Harlan get pushed off me and fall into the ground.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER AGAIN" Rafe yelled.

"It's none of your business man, stay out of it"

"Ofcourse it's my business she's my girlfriend and shes your SISTER, what is wrong with you"

Harlan started getting off the ground and immediately went to fight Rafe, but Rafe was stronger and more sober than him so he used that to his benefit and was hitting him back.

"Harlan NO stop get off him please". I pleaded my brother while crying.

Topper and Sarah were walking out of the door when they saw the fight, they both came rushing towards us, Topper stepping between the two while Sarah ingulfed me in a hug while she was walking me away from them towards the car.

When we reached the car, she opened the back door for me and sat down beside me.

"Hey shh it's okay they're gonna be okay" Sarah comforted me while I was sobbing on her shoulder.

"No nothing is okay, Harlan isn't okay, none of what's happening right now is okay"

We stayed silent for a few minutes before Rafe and Topper entered the car.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"You're seriously asking about him right now? After he hurt you" Rafe turned around to look at me.

"He didn't hurt me Rafe" I scoffed at him.

"Yeah he didn't because I protected you, I stopped him before he could" He raised his voice.

"Harlan would never hurt me Rafe, I cant believe you left him"

"Ohhh he wouldn't hurt you? Look at my face baby, look at what he did to me. He's crazy" He turned his face and turned on the car.

I don't know why I didn't say anything to Rafe to defend my brother, it wasn't because I believed Harlan would hurt me, I think I just felt guilty for his bruised face.

"Don't worry Elle, I texted Kelce and he's gonna take him to his place to stay until he cools off" Topper attempted to comfort me.

"Thank you Top". I nodded while Sarah kissed his head.

After we arrived at Tannyhill, Sarah and Topper called it a night and went to Sarah's room while Rafe and I went to his. We were currently in bed looking at each other.

"I'm sorry" I broke the silence.

"You have nothing to be sorry for baby"

"Yeah I do. He hurt you" I said as I went to touch his bruised face.

"Come here" He pulled me into his chest and kissed my hair. "Its gonna be okay, I promise".

*The next morning*

Rafe decided we should have a boat day on My Druthers after the events of last night and honestly we all needed it.

Sarah and I were tanning on the deck while the boys were making us drinks.

"I have to tell you something about the party last night" Sarah told me in a very serious tone.

"Sarah I know I wasn't that drunk I remember what Harlan did"

"No no it's about Topper"

"You guys finally did it" I turned on my back to properly face her.

"No, that's the problem Ellie. We were going to then I changed my mind"

"Don't feel pressured S. You will know when it feels right"

"When did you know?"

"Do you really want me to tell you about your brother" I chuckled.

"Forget I even asked" she said grossed out.

We both laughed, as the boys came back with drinks in their hands and sat next to us on the deck.

"What are you two talking about?" Rafe asked curiously.

"I was just telling Sarah about how much I love you"

Rafe was smiling as he leaned down to kiss me on the lips." I love you too".

We had so much fun on the boat, we even stayed to watch the sunset and it was absolutely beautiful.

Rafe was driving the boat back to the docks and we saw the pogues boat near the docks.

"They're seriously everywhere why cant they just leave the island, it would be way more fun" Topper commented and Rafe chuckled "I agree brother".

Rafe took my hand to help me off the boat.

"Thank you for today, I had fun" I told him.

"Anything for you" he dipped down to kiss me.

We heard some catcalling and whistles from the pogues and when I tried to push myself off Rafe, he pulled my waist toward him and removed his other hand from my jaw to give the middle finger to the pogues.